'07 WR 450 - Plastics Compatibility?

3 replies to this topic
  • allanwessels

Posted October 30, 2007 - 04:04 PM

My search didn't return any relevant preexisting threads, and my dealer doesn't have a clue, so...

Does anyone know what the plastics compatibility is between Yamaha's? Can I run YZ rear fender, etc?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for the Yamaha retro plastics (Yellow/Blk/Wht) and haven't found them for the WR...

Thanks!

• A Rider

Posted October 30, 2007 - 04:25 PM

The part numbers for the rear fender and side panels are different than the YZ. Side access filter, tail light etc. I was looking for white as well with no luck so looked at OEM parts fische.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:52 PM

My search didn't return any relevant preexisting threads...

Actually, there's quite a few threads addressing this issue, including a portion of the WR FAQ, it's just a matter of learning how to phrase things properly. It takes time to learn the nuances...

The YZ rear fender will fit, though you may need to do a little bit of tweaking, but not much. The shrouds won't without a tank change, and the side panels will have issues due to the airbox access. Since the '07+ are such a new generation, not much has been posted regarding the specifics of swapping the body pieces, except for the rear fender. Be a hero, buy the stuff and let us know. If it looks like it won't work without major modifications, send the stuff back before you take a hacksaw to it. What's the worst that can happen? You may be out a few bucks for a week or so until you can get your refund if it doesn't work out, or it works and you're in business. If you didn't want to spend money on your bike, then your first mistake was starting to read the stuff on this board :worthy:...SC

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 31, 2007 - 06:41 PM

I think that the last guy is right. I know that the airbox is different because of a yz sticker kit that I bought for my bike(did the bigger tank and it needed the yz shrouds), and that would lead me to believe that the side panels might? be different. I am pretty sure that the rear fender fits. It has with all of the older generation, and I see them all the time. I've looked at the yz rear and it looks the same. Give it a go. Let me know.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.