adjustable fuel screw help, stupid question

2 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted October 30, 2007 - 12:11 PM

alright i got a adjustable fuel screw recently and im trying to figure out how the damn thing works. bascially the numbers are what are screwing me up. as i see it adjusting 1 to 2, 2 to 3 etc. would be 1/4 of a turn or is that considering one full turn? i no this is completely stupid but im just unsure. ive never used one of these before. thanks! and once again sorry for my stupidity :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted October 30, 2007 - 12:14 PM

One full turn is one full turn, the #'s help to make small adjustments, and it makes it easier to remember what adjustments are made. IMO.

• grayracer513

Posted October 30, 2007 - 12:50 PM

The numbers, as said, are for reference, and each is one quarter turn. If you screw it all the way in until it seats, and the number 3, for instance, is facing out at you from wherever you happen to be, then turning it out 'til the 3 shows again is 1 turn, and doing the same again is 2 turns. Then you move it one number or two from there to get the right setting.

You might also look at:

(The site is for 250F's, the procedure is the same)

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.