2009 Rumours-E Start?

45 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted April 25, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Based on what I have seen at the local dealers I can see the motorcycle line getting a new set of graphics and the r and d money going for side by side quads...

• x2468

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:26 PM

Based on what I have seen at the local dealers I can see the motorcycle line getting a new set of graphics and the r and d money going for side by side quads...

great news for the anti side x side lawyers.

i could see those rhino's being really fun and cool..... for about 2 hours. my neighbor just got one. i have no idea why.... he has a strong winch on it but... with the weight of that thing and the surface area of it's under side, you'll ne a tractor to get it out of any mud holes worth hitting. I'll be riding with him this summer for fun. that'll be a funny pair, and dirt bike and a rhino. if i break anything i can through it in his mini-bed.

• grayracer513

Posted April 25, 2008 - 08:42 PM

Does anyone know why the RMZ450 has an aluminum tank? What is the reasoning behind that?

The tank is not typically pressurized for the sake of doing it, exactly, but as an indirect consequence of how the system works. Fuel is pumped to the injector in excess of the amount used at any given moment, and the unused fuel returns to the tank under pressure. Under some conditions, this can raise the pressure in the tank quite a bit. Plastic tanks don't deal with this very well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted April 26, 2008 - 08:55 AM

^^^ Ya CF is some crazy strong sh*t! I tried to modify my CF frame protectors by moving the holes over a bit and it took me a half hour and 3 drill bits. I was VERY supprised... Just my experience though

Gotta use the right drill bits...high speed steel bits don't cut it. We use tungsten carbide single lead drills in aerospace to drill it, and even then, change out bits every 5 holes or so.

• Gilkerson

Posted April 26, 2008 - 10:24 AM

it's because the fuel needs to be pressurized.

Well my '05 GasGas is fuel injected with a fuel pump in the plastic tank and it works fine. So, does Suzuki really NEED to use a metal tank?

• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm not familiar with how GG does EFI, so I can't speak to why it's not needed on that bike specifically. Possibly yours runs a low pressure system or lacks a return line.

Considering the expense and production complexity of using an aluminum tank, you can be fairly certain that if it weren't necessary, they wouldn't.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.