steering bearings

3 replies to this topic
  • robswr426

Posted March 24, 2002 - 05:31 PM

i have an 02 wr426 (1 1/2 month old) and the steering bearings are shoot (i repacked them before i even rode it) has anyone else had this problem?? :)

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 24, 2002 - 05:52 PM

Originally posted by robswr426:
i have an 02 wr426 (1 1/2 month old) and the steering bearings are shoot (i repacked them before i even rode it) has anyone else had this problem?? :)

You must have had yours way to tight if you regreased your bearings when you bought the bike, and they are shot after 1 1/2 months.

I have a 00' yz426f, and have just greased mine this year for the first time, and they are fine. The swingarm bearings just had a little wear, nothing major. And I know I was very lucky to get away with this.

~Hitman~

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robswr426

Posted March 25, 2002 - 03:24 AM

nope they where done to spec's

• wrsm

Posted March 25, 2002 - 12:57 PM

When i tightened mine as per the manual I had to back it off a tad because it tightened up after torquing up the top triple clamp centre nut.

Maybe your new bearings were so smooth you could not feel the extra tightness so thats why you ran it like that?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.