07 Flywheel Puller

8 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted October 29, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Anyone had a reason to remove the flywheel? If so, could you please post what brand puller (part number would also be great) you used and where you bought it. I see MotionPros listings stop with the 06s on their website. Thanks.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 08, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Bump

Tore the bike apart for new timing chain and YZ cams and found out that buddies puller for the YZF won't work :eek:

SXP - did you ever get one?

Thanks,

Don

• SXP

Posted May 08, 2008 - 09:52 PM

Nope! The intent was to buy one in preparation for just what you are going through, but I never followed up on it.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 09, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Well, I'm on a quest... I have the Yamaha tool # from the manual but I think if I can get the diameter and thread pitch I can order one from Motion Pro meanwhile the bike sits idle on the stand with my bench covered with more parts than I had ever hoped to pull off the motor at one time :rolleyes: ....

This really sucks, if anyone can provide insight I would really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 09, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Well my dealer found one, in the shop on the shelf.... $60, it's the same one the quadtards use on the YFZ's 33 f'ing mm's :rolleyes:

This little project is taking $ and a lot of time.... I sure hope I am happy with this cam swap :thumbsup:

• Norman

Posted May 10, 2008 - 01:41 PM

If its the same puller for the YZF 06 and up, you can use the one for a CRF450, Ive had an 06 and 08 YZF and numerous CRF's, Ive used the CRF puller on all of them.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 10, 2008 - 09:57 PM

If its the same puller for the YZF 06 and up, you can use the one for a CRF450, Ive had an 06 and 08 YZF and numerous CRF's, Ive used the CRF puller on all of them.

I wish you were right but unfortunately they are very different, I borrowed my buddy's for his 06' YZ450 and it no workee:prof: but you are right it's the same application for the CRF's...

The WR puller is 33mm diameter, the 06 & up YZ puller is much smaller.

The 07' WR puller will also work on YFZ quads and Gixers, neither of which I own:rolleyes:

• Alternative

Posted May 12, 2008 - 12:51 AM

You'd have to wonder why Yamaha would change such an insignificant detail. Is it just to piss their customer's off or what?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:29 AM

You'd have to wonder why Yamaha would change such an insignificant detail. Is it just to piss their customer's off or what?

The WR has a heavier flywheel, it's part of what separates it from the YZ. When they went to the Al frame they also went to the external magneto so it changed in 07'... I'm cool with it now but when all my parts were out and the top of my motor was tore apart on a Sunday with out the right tool to put it back together... I was little upset :thumbsup:

It's all good and the rest of the 07 - 08' owners here, if they read this post will know that they need a different puller than the YZ :rolleyes:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.