Radiator Guards

38 replies to this topic
  • Schmetz#56

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:14 AM

GYTR. The best finish and protection you can buy for that amount of money!

I also got the GYTR bashplate, I'm really satisfied with the result :thumbsup:

• jpoehls

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Here is my Unabikers. I like that you can get different colors.:

Posted Image

• WR450FGreg

Posted June 06, 2008 - 09:44 PM

I got hold of some GYTR guards cheap so that's what I've fitted.

I'm not saying I think they are the best, but they seem pretty sturdy to me.

Shame they don't offer frontal impact protection (ie. from sticks and rocks and stuff flying at them). At least they allow you to use the original plastic protectors if you're looking to retain the "stock" look.

Mind you; the left side plastic protector on my bike needs some filing with a round file to get it to sit perfectly in place.

Anyway, for reference here's a few shots of them fitted to the bike:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see from the shot below; I've done a little filing to get the white plastic radiator guard to sit down in it's original alignment, I still need to file a bit more ..... when I get around to it!
Posted Image

Strangely the left side sat perfectly!
Posted Image

• wr_matt

Posted June 06, 2008 - 11:36 PM

I love my Unabikers... pain in the *** to install, but absolutely bulletproof! :thumbsup:

• WR450FGreg

Posted June 06, 2008 - 11:41 PM

I love my Unabikers... pain in the *** to install, but absolutely bulletproof!

There's the difference, these were dead easy to fit. A little minor filing, that's all.

One thing that worries me with a lot of other brands of guards is the risk of air flow restriction/overheating.
They say that airflow isn't restricted, but hey, anyone can see that it is indeed restricted on a lot of them.
ie. 40% or more of the surface area is covered in.

Horses for courses I guess.
You buy what suits you best!

I reckon if someone had offered me a pair of new Unabikers guards for almost half price I would have bought them instead.
As it happened these GYTR ones came up and I grabbed them.

• chevytrkn1

Posted June 07, 2008 - 05:58 AM

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:59 PM

i have works conn. on my 08 wr450 fit is perfect stosk plastics fit perfect. many hillclimb crashes with these, they work awesome.

• GCannon

Posted June 10, 2008 - 08:40 AM

Anybody try these?
The KTM guys love them. They seem a bit pricey but compaired to a leaking radiator and walking home maybe not so bad.

• foxomatica

Posted June 10, 2008 - 09:46 PM

Unibikers are crap. Folded like tinfoil day one. I now have enduro engineering and they are fantastic. No airflow restriction.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450FGreg

Posted June 11, 2008 - 12:27 AM

Unibikers are crap.

Whoa ... careful !!!

Brace yourself for the barrage !! HA !! :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted June 11, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Unibikers are crap. Folded like tinfoil day one. I now have enduro engineering and they are fantastic. No airflow restriction.

They can be a bitch to put on but crap they are not. Mine have taken many hits and come back for more!

• WR450FGreg

Posted June 12, 2008 - 01:56 AM

Further to the GYTR radiator guards posting, i have almost finished making a pair of aluminium front guards to fit them.

I'll post a pic here when I've finished them (providing they look ok! :thumbsup: If they look crap I'll pretend I forgot about it!! HA! )

• wartsnuff

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:08 AM

unabikers nice, install a pain

agreed, i screwed up the install... had to take some pics and do it again

thanks to this site, everyone sorted me out :thumbsup: thanks :busted:

they are better at blocking stuff than the stock guards shield do from debris as well

thankfully i have not had the pleasure of knowing how strong they:thumbsup:

• RedBull420

Posted June 12, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Another happy Unabiker customer here.

Admitted they are a PIA to put on but once buttoned up they are solid.

• RickSanson

Posted June 12, 2008 - 09:58 AM

Unibiker here too...

First time out I hit a pool cue size stick pointing up from the ground that would have pierced the rad. Unibiker damaged. Saved $300...

Front washed out on an angled wet log crossing, twisted the right rad pretty bad back up against the tank (07WR450). Two months later with the tank removed I held onto the handle bars and pushing with my foot I twisted the entire rad and Unibiker back into nearly normal position. That means that the Unibiker guard had the entire radiator so protected that the rad/guard assembly acted as one unit. No leaks!

That's not crap! You can break anything!

• marco250f

Posted June 14, 2008 - 08:49 PM

can I install the unabiker to my wr250f '06 without removing the AIS?

Posted June 14, 2008 - 09:58 PM

Devol all the way! I think they look sweet and, are very durable. My bro hit a tree head on the day he put them on and, all it did was bend the guard a bit. If he did not have them on then, it would have riped his radiator off..

• byggd

Posted June 15, 2008 - 04:49 AM

can I install the unabiker to my wr250f '06 without removing the AIS?

I'm pretty sure you can but give them a call just to be sure. They have great customer service! :thumbsup:

Posted June 15, 2008 - 07:52 AM

I still have the AIS on my bike with, Devol guards! no problem..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.