will a 07' yz450f silencer fit a 07' wr450f ?

3 replies to this topic
  • wilb67

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:21 PM

will a stock 07' yz450f silencer fit an 07' wr450f or is the header diameter different? If it's different,will a complete stock yz system fit the wr?
I don't need to worry about spark arrestor or decible levels,just want to open up the wr exhaust for cheap, I can find stock take-offs for a lot less than aftermarket stuff.:worthy:

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:37 PM

will a stock 07' yz450f silencer fit an 07' wr450f or is the header diameter different? If it's different,will a complete stock yz system fit the wr?
I don't need to worry about spark arrestor or decible levels,just want to open up the wr exhaust for cheap, I can find stock take-offs for a lot less than aftermarket stuff.:worthy:

Yes... but check out the 08' YZ take offs, they are about 8" shorter :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:40 PM

Yes... but check out the 08' YZ take offs, they are about 8" shorter :worthy:

The 08 muffler isn't even worth it. I've heard a YZ with that muffler feels just like a WR with an uncorked stock pipe.

The WR header is a smaller diameter than the YZ one. You'll need either the gasket out of the WR midpipe or a YZ style header.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:43 PM

The 08 muffler isn't even worth it. I've heard a YZ with that muffler feels just like a WR with an uncorked stock pipe.

I have not ridden one, only listened to one at the shop the other day and it was pretty quiet. I like the fact that it's short, less weight, does not get hit or in the way as much and it just plain looks better......

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.