XR650R black side panels

10 replies to this topic
  • knuklehead

Posted October 28, 2007 - 02:29 PM

FYI black side panel's on Ebay 59.00 free shipping

• black in RI

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:22 PM

are you selling ??

I just wound up painting my side panels with "for plastic" spray paint.. no issues

• knuklehead

Posted October 29, 2007 - 06:14 PM

No just saw some for sale and thought others might want some.Look nice

• Thunderchild

Posted October 29, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I just painted mine too... Chips a little around the bolt holes, but I just respray it.

Posted Image

• bigtooth

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:20 AM

That does look sweet with those black rims.

Whats up with this seller on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

$99 bucks starting bid for these panels, but then you can 'buy now' the aftermarket ones for $50 with free shipping, is there really a difference. All the stuff that seller has listed is like that, I've been watching the radiator shrouds ( i need a left one) and they go for over $100 everytime. I dont get why people would pay those kind of prices? It makes me wonder if they don't bid on their own items to bumb up the prices......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knuklehead

Posted October 31, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Got the set I ordered today,SWEET.Realy fast shipping.These are the last parts that are not black on my motard set up.

• zerofear66

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:19 PM

Got the set I ordered today,SWEET.Realy fast shipping.These are the last parts that are not black on my motard set up.

I was looking for black plastics for an XR.. Do you know who makes them?
TIA!!

• porterdog

Posted November 01, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Did you find black shrouds somewhere, or paint the red ones?

• knuklehead

Posted November 01, 2007 - 08:23 AM

Don't know who make's them, but they look the same as ufo's I've got in the past.I have a alu. tank with 05 crf shrouds,never have found black stock shrouds.

• Black Mesa Offroad

Posted November 01, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Here are mine that I just did awhile back with Krylon Fusion:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• BIGGITY

Posted November 01, 2007 - 11:27 AM

FYI if you are going to paint yours don't plan on crashing anytime soon. The black scrapes off (I used fusion) and the white plastic will show through. This is with 3 layers of paint on them and the clear UV enamel to protect it. It just looks retarded. On top of that the paint will rub off where your thighs hit when you get back on the bike going through the whoops. Basically painting them is a waste of time. FYI to anyone thinking about doing it. Unless you strictly ride street, or never crash, don't do it.:worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.