rear fender seal/gasket?

3 replies to this topic
  • surpriserider

Posted October 28, 2007 - 01:34 PM

I've got a newbie question that I can't find an answer to using the search function. Are the stock "seals" necessary on the rear fender. The aftermarket fender I bought doesn't have these like the stock one does. What is the purpose of the two seals?

• martinfan30

Posted October 29, 2007 - 08:26 AM

probably to keep mud/dirt off rear susp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old Dog

Posted October 29, 2007 - 04:40 PM

probably to keep mud/dirt off rear susp.

It might also to keep mud/dirt from getting into the airbox intake. My Corbin seat leaves a little gap that I'm seriously thinking about making some sort "seal" for. The stock seat has a little flap that covers the gap, evidently the Corbin engineers neglected to take the gap into consideration. :worthy:

• Billahjack

Posted October 29, 2007 - 05:33 PM

If you are talking about the one under the seat, I think it just tries to minimize dust getting into the air box. I bought a UFO fender that didn't have one. The UFO fender has two cut-outs that are not on the stock fender. I just duct taped both sides of those cut-outs to minimize dust in the air box. Then, I carefully removed or cipped the staples from the rubber seal on the stock fender. Next, I used a large stapler with short staples to put the seal on the UFO fender.

Those two cut-outs in the fender are stupid. It makes your bike breath off of the back tire which is really bad.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.