xr650 road use

42 replies to this topic
  • porterdog

Posted November 08, 2007 - 08:04 AM

what are they both like compared too an xr400?

I'm fortunate enuf to own an xrr and an xr4- Maint is samesame between them, but that's about it.

The xr4 is fun in town, say, up to 50mph. At ~70 there's not much more.

The xrr, well... whack the throttle open at 70 and whump! yer going 90. Its just, beefier. Faster. Meaner. Heavier.

If I had to sell one it'd be the '4.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted November 08, 2007 - 11:51 AM

I'm fortunate enuf to own an xrr and an xr4- Maint is samesame between them, but that's about it.

The xr4 is fun in town, say, up to 50mph. At ~70 there's not much more.

The xrr, well... whack the throttle open at 70 and whump! yer going 90. Its just, beefier. Faster. Meaner. Heavier.

If I had to sell one it'd be the '4.

Ditto.

• screamin injin

Posted December 15, 2008 - 07:23 PM

I recently got the 650L and love it. I've had her in the dirt a couple of times and she has plenty of power. I'm 6'0", 220lbs and she is a handful and heavier than any other bike I've taken on trails. If I was smaller I would have gotten something smaller as well.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.