Scott stabilizer with Rg3's 22mm

14 replies to this topic
  • mvm450

Posted October 27, 2007 - 03:21 PM

I really need to pick up a stabilizer for my 07 yz450. I was told by a friend that the scotts stabilizer will not fit under the handle bars. I don't want to put it in front of the number plate. Anyone heard different?:worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2007 - 03:44 PM

You can get a mount that will fit it either over or under the bars. Get on the phone with Scotts Performance Products, and they'll find what you need.

Mounting it under the bars will raise the bars about an inch, though.

• mvm450

Posted October 27, 2007 - 03:52 PM

thanks I'll do just that

• hotnanas

Posted October 30, 2007 - 02:37 PM

i have a top mount that mounts ontop of my RG3. I got it from Fastway as part of their handgaurd system. I'll get pics of it soon. The downside is I'm not exactly sure if/how I will run a bar pad.

Here's a pic from their website.
Posted Image

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 30, 2007 - 03:57 PM

find someone who will give you their 08 honda dampner and mount it on the clamps...it'll work great!

• Nitrox

Posted October 30, 2007 - 04:08 PM

I just purchased a gpr set up similar to what hotnanas shows. I'm going to run it on the stock set up. I looked at the under the bar set up and I like my bar set up the way it is and don't want to raise them to clear the damper. The only draw back that I can tell is not having a pad but I think I can come up with something.

I also have an 07 yz450f. I picked up the gpr from cycle pro's in Mesa Arizona for 340 including tax. Not a bad deal.

Craig

• Unibomber

Posted October 31, 2007 - 07:52 AM

Over the bars is the most common mount. Scotts will have one that fits your bike. Then you get a collar, im assumming they are all bolt on's now with the aluminum frames. :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:05 AM

Scotts is offering a bolt-on kit for the aluminum frames, although I haven't seen one, so I can offer you no description.

The most economic way to get the mount parts is to buy them as a complete kit from Scotts, rather than piece by piece, and the best way to get the right stuff the first time is to call them directly. That way, all the questions get answered.

• grunkthump

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:10 AM

BRP...AWESOME under the bar mount kit.

• SUnruh

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Scotts is offering a bolt-on kit for the aluminum frames, although I haven't seen one, so I can offer you no description.

i have one on my 06 250f, very clean.

• grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:34 AM

i have one on my 06 250f, very clean.

I'd like to see that. Can you post or e-mail me a picture? The anchor peg that would attach to the frame for the damper lever is what Im mostly curious about.

• gtguy

Posted November 01, 2007 - 10:24 AM

It uses the bolt that attaches the front of the fuel tank to the frame, it has a little tongue that slips underneath. Super easy install, no drilling, tapping or welding. I'd shoot you a picture, but the IMS tank covers it.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted November 01, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Look up GPR's V4, http://www.gprstabilizer.com, they are a slim mount that requires no changes to your top clamp. Monkey Butt Racing can order them for around $430.

• hotnanas

Posted November 27, 2007 - 09:31 AM

okay, just installed my scotts mount with my RG3. It looks like I need to do some modifying, because the bolts from the bar mounts hit my scotts damper bracket. I need to shave the bolts down, add a spacer to raise the top clamp, notch the steering damper bracket, counterbore the bolts in the clamp, or call scotts and see what else can be done.

• MotoXT

Posted November 27, 2007 - 11:16 AM

Look up GPR's V4, http://www.gprstabilizer.com, they are a slim mount that requires no changes to your top clamp. Monkey Butt Racing can order them for around $430.

This system raises the bars 1/4" to 3/8".

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.