WR to YZ timing woes

3 replies to this topic
  • mattnohiohills

Posted March 24, 2002 - 02:18 PM

I got anxious and YZ timed my 02 WR 426 on a rainy day, the problem I have is that my oh so competent dealers have to order all the jets and needle I need. What is the best thing I can do besides re time to WR while I wait on my new jets? Please don't say to walk....

• Bill

Posted March 24, 2002 - 02:37 PM

Have you torn the bike down and greased everything, the factory hasn't :) You might also want to consider using Sudco for your carb parts. You can ask them to ship Priority Express US Mail and the shipment will get to you in a couple of days for less than a dealer.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brandon

Posted March 24, 2002 - 04:54 PM

Your bike should run fine with yz timed and stock WR jetting so why wait? Mine works fine!

Posted March 24, 2002 - 04:59 PM

Ditto on the YZ timing and stock jetting. Mine was a little too rich until I changed it but it ran ok otherwise. Try it and see how it does. Won't hurt anything. I had changed my pipe first. I think my jetting was too rich before chaning the timing. Good luck, Paul

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.