'05 WR450 Stator compatability

1 reply to this topic
  • dugabrams

Posted October 26, 2007 - 09:59 AM

My Stator on my '05 wr is completely toast thanks to the screws coming lose from the stator cover and I can't quickly get one from any known dealer because it's on BACKORDER. :crazy:
The '04 is available but is somehow different than the '05. Does anybody know if the '04(5tj-81410-02-00) will work in place of an '05(5tj-81410-30-00)? Or better yet, can anybody spare a good used one on the cheap? Does anybody know of a good aftermarket source?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dugabrams

Posted October 27, 2007 - 09:00 AM

After many a phone call, I found one and it should be here next week.

This entire problem is due to somebody doing the Baja Designs stator mod incorrectly. The torx screws holding the stator should probably be longer and installed with locktite.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.