Rotor Bolts Coming Out.....

2 replies to this topic
  • jackhillis

Posted October 26, 2007 - 04:49 AM

i have placed a few threads on thumpertalk regarding my problem due to 3 of the 6 rotor bolts working themselves loose and tearing up my rotor, stator and crank case cover. i was told by a member to get in contact with yamaha and tell them about my delema. i live in australia and i went and saw my local yamaha dealer to ask them about the problem and whether they could help me. i basically got the message from the mechanic that it was not his fault and that they couldnt do anything. the problems arises that the bike had been 2 months out of a rebuild and the bolts decide to come out. it has put me 500 dollars in debt and no leads on how to prevent this happening again. do you think i have the right to contact yamaha australia and discuss with them what has happened or to just move on. if so can some one give me some contact details for yamaha australia or yamaha worldwide.
Jack Hillis:foul:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted October 26, 2007 - 05:43 AM

Contact these guys - I just did 2 days ago and heard back within hours from them.
Give a detailed report of your incident and see what they can do, ask about customer service contact in Australia.

• JimL

Posted October 26, 2007 - 03:40 PM

I had the rotor bolts back out on my 03wr250 and it tore up my stator and flywheel. I replaced everything at my expense and labor. I wasn't even over being mad when a month later bammm!!!!! A small piece of copper wire had broken off earlier and never came out when I flushed the oil. It seized my crank at full throttle on a hill climb... broke the cases, snapped the rod, piston and cracked the cylinder. My magnetic drain plug didn't help me on that one. Thanks yamaha!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.