changing the clutch lever -07 wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • jonrob70

Posted October 25, 2007 - 08:32 PM

has anyone had trouble trying to loosen the two bolts that takes a hex wrench located on the hot start lever? I am trying to change my clutch lever but have to undo the hot start lever in order to get the bolt for the clutch lever. The two bolts on the hot start lever feel like they are welded on.....(don't want to strip them out) Please help..... thanx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:12 PM

mine had a little thread locker on them , but they came out fairly ez . it took like 20 -25 ft lbs or so of force to snap them free. you could heat the piece up , hot enough to loosen the lock tite

• tweav

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:14 PM

if you snap them off .I removed my stock bracket . and replaced it with one I made to hold a mirror . any how if you need one I got one

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.