hold their value 03-04

6 replies to this topic
  • wswain

Posted October 25, 2007 - 07:32 PM

hey i was wanting to buy a 450 and want a yamaha because they r so reliable . i was looking at the 03-05 models but they are so expensive here.. i am thinking 045 would be good as the 03 are a bit old and the 05 are very expensive.. ive searched the threads etc.
i have a few question to ask.. the $ is in aus dollars
1. what should i pay for an 03 or 04 model? my mate bought an 04 like 2yrs ago for Aus $5500 in very good condition but they seem to be going for more around $6200-7000... the cheapest ive found is $5800..
im thinking they would take elss if they want to sell it seriously.

2. what things should i look for on the 04 model? as ive said my mate has had no problems with his. just the usual things such as wear...

3. are the 04 that much better then the 03 for the money?
Any other info appreciated....
im just using the bike as a bike to muck around with mates on the weekend doing trails and some rough tracks but no racing..
thanks will

• cohocarl

Posted October 26, 2007 - 03:05 AM

For what it's worth, I picked up a rather clean '03 YZ 450 here in the States for $2200 (US) this week.

• wswain

Posted October 26, 2007 - 03:40 AM

thanks 4 the reply.. that it rather cheap campares to here. they seem to hold their value alot here, yamahas always have but they r still expensive for an older model

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga450owner

Posted October 26, 2007 - 07:37 AM

thanks 4 the reply.. they seem to hold their value alot here, yamahas always have but they r still expensive for an older model

that was the case here in the states until 2002....until Honda ruined it....:crazy:
Now all 4strokes lose value by the day here until they are just about free.....and the used mkt is totally a buyers mkt now. Cant wait to see what happens when MX bikes approach 9-10k to buy here.....fun fun

• Vinny2692

Posted October 26, 2007 - 06:09 PM

not possitive, but im pretty shure that the only difference between the 03' and 04' is the forks. The 04' from what i understand is a bit better.

• bboyce

Posted October 27, 2007 - 11:22 AM

not possitive, but im pretty shure that the only difference between the 03' and 04' is the forks. The 04' from what i understand is a bit better.

I believe Yamaha also smoothed out the 04 engine quite a bit, as the 03 was a beast.

• OUCR250R

Posted October 27, 2007 - 05:09 PM

I believe Yamaha also smoothed out the 04 engine quite a bit, as the 03 was a beast.

Correct, My father's 04 Yz450 is much smoother than my 03. The 04 forks were much nicer. i have a set of the 04 forks on my 03. I love the type of power that the 03 has. Much more suited to my riding style.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.