Front tire swap

3 replies to this topic
  • absynth01

Posted October 24, 2007 - 08:39 AM

Just bolted up my 87'CR500R front rim to my 04XR650L. The only problem is you need a longer spacer on the speedo side and remove the speedo cable. The fit for me was a spare spacer from the other side as you couldn't double spacer with the same side(too long). I dont use my speedo, I use a GPS.
The rear tire is a different story. The axle on the CR is bigger and wont fit the XRL's swingarm. The XRL shaft is too small. I guess the better setup would be to machine out the XRL swingarm and run CR shafts and rims. I have CR rims sittin around here and don't want to spend 500+ for a new rear rim.
I have an 89XR600R that has drum brakes(suck). Anybody swap a CR swingarm for an XR600R or an XR650l????? That may be a winter experiment, when there isn't enough snow to ride sled!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 24, 2007 - 08:57 AM

are you tard'n it? or did you do a USD conv.?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • absynth01

Posted October 24, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Tardin' Just a rim swap!! No usd's to use.

• Denn10

Posted October 24, 2007 - 11:00 AM

too bad you dont have some USD alot more brake applications for your front now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.