WR426/450 for a big guy??

2 replies to this topic
  • pb1963

Posted October 23, 2007 - 08:25 PM

I'm looking at buying a used 450 and I was curious, having never been on a WR, how much room there is in the cockpit. I'm 6'-9" about 270 with gear on. I know that given my size I'm not going to fit great on a bike. However, I've noticed some fit better than others. I'm currently riding a KTM300EXC and that thing is great in the roominess department. I would like to stick with KTM for this reason but their 4 strokes carry a hefty price tag, even used. I've read that the WR is a great bike but all the test riders are little guys. Hopefully some of you big guys can help me out. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted October 25, 2007 - 07:54 AM

I'm looking at buying a used 450 and I was curious, having never been on a WR, how much room there is in the cockpit. I'm 6'-9" about 270 with gear on. I know that given my size I'm not going to fit great on a bike. However, I've noticed some fit better than others. I'm currently riding a KTM300EXC and that thing is great in the roominess department. I would like to stick with KTM for this reason but their 4 strokes carry a hefty price tag, even used. I've read that the WR is a great bike but all the test riders are little guys. Hopefully some of you big guys can help me out. Thanks

Send a PM to ncmountainman. He is your size and has/does own both a WR450 and a YZ450. He has a lot of saddle time on both these bikes and should be able to give you all the info you need.

• tmckeown

Posted October 27, 2007 - 09:27 AM

Only thing you might need to change is springs and valving in shocks.

Timo McKeown

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.