Theft Prevention

51 replies to this topic
  • bosshog

Posted October 25, 2007 - 01:56 PM

Theives can move on to the next vehicle now, or take a little extra time removing my club and get caught by my 270lb a$$!!!!

You should just have a little sign with your picture on it on the dash. I know I wouldn't mess with anyone who could crush me like a beer can.

I don't leave my bike unattended anywhere usually but I also don't use it for a commuter either. At home it's in a locked garage with an alarm system that's real loud and alerts me in the house as well so I can come out swinging. I also park cars against the doors so they would have to be moved befor the door could open (they swing out). I know if somebody really wants my toys there going to get them one way or another. I would sure love to catch the punk kids who have been breaking into garages in my area.

• Maroast

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:27 PM

Insurance is a good idea.... My KLR650 was stolen from my driveway last year, and the insurance company cut me a very reasonable check for the bike 4 weeks later.... The scumbag thief got a crappy KLR, and I got a brand new XR650R :crazy:

My insurance company was great to deal with the whole time...not to mention they kept me on AND quoted me the same low rate for my new XRR

• Rugged

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:32 PM

Rugged says:
"a glock in the hand beats a cop on the phone"

If someone tries to steal it from my yard, I will blast them, a TINY bit. I have hard rubber bullets for my 9mm g-19 and my S&W 686p .357.

In the glock, I like to put 3 on top of the magazine, followed by 6 cor bon JHP+P and 6 hard ball, in case they hide behind something.

Oh, and that's just to slow them down till the dog wakes up and bites them.

lol

• martinfan30

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:33 PM

sounds to me like the theif did you favor!

• martinfan30

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:34 PM

Rugged says:

If someone tries to steal it from my yard, I will blast them, a TINY bit. I have hard rubber bullets for my 9mm g-19 and my S&W 686p .357.

In the glock, I like to put 3 on top of the magazine, followed by 6 cor bon JHP+P and 6 hard ball, in case they hide behind something.

lol

i thought i was reading my own post!:crazy:

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:52 PM

In order to improve their image, the police in the UK had images of themselves on the back of some buses. Something wrong with that guy's picture ?

Posted Image

• tfb4me

Posted October 25, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Rugged says:

lol

:crazy: All I have to say is Thank god for Canada and the gun laws...I couldn't imaginge how it would be here if that stuff were allowed.Mind you every 15yr old who thinks thier a gangster and a dealer carries them.Were not even allowed to shoot somone if thier bustin into ur house.this is why I ride my bike to stay outta trouble

• jim1234

Posted October 25, 2007 - 04:21 PM

I can't help but laugh at where the exhaust pipe is in that picture

• Gravy Dave

Posted October 25, 2007 - 04:43 PM

yea that exaust makes that pic hilarious. well that and the 13 year old cop on the right and the porky one on the left. if i was a crook i wouldnt be scared of those weenies lol

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 25, 2007 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, what is that 13 year old cop gonna say to some hooligans jacking someone's bike ? 'Err, excuse me, very sorry to interrupt you boys, but, if it's not too much trouble, could you please refrain from this conduct'.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted October 26, 2007 - 12:13 PM

:worthy: All I have to say is Thank god for Canada and the gun laws...I couldn't imaginge how it would be here if that stuff were allowed.Mind you every 15yr old who thinks thier a gangster and a dealer carries them.Were not even allowed to shoot somone if thier bustin into ur house.this is why I ride my bike to stay outta trouble

thank god for the USA and our gun rights.

what you gonna do when someone breaks into your house and ends up in your childs room or comming after you? use harsh words?

i for one would not even hesitate to end a life of an intruder in MY home, when MY family is at risk. No F'n way!

• bosshog

Posted October 26, 2007 - 04:33 PM

:worthy: All I have to say is Thank god for Canada and the gun laws...I couldn't imaginge how it would be here if that stuff were allowed.Mind you every 15yr old who thinks thier a gangster and a dealer carries them.Were not even allowed to shoot somone if thier bustin into ur house.this is why I ride my bike to stay outta trouble

Now I don't wanna go as far as Rugged has but I'm sick of others pushing they're gun laws on me. Now I'm talking about the long gun regestry that Canada has. I find them no different than the treehuggers tell you that you can't ride offroad infact most times it's the same people. Imposing they're will on others. Don't give up your rights like they are being slowly erroded away in my country. And I'm not talking about a hand gun, I'm talking about a hunting riffle. Sorry that struck a nerve. :worthy:

• Maroast

Posted October 26, 2007 - 04:43 PM

I for one would not even hesitate to end a life of an intruder in MY home, when MY family is at risk. No F'n way!

Yup! A scum-bag who invades an honest, tax paying, contributing citizens house has no rights at all... You want to act like a piece of sh*t, your gonna get treated like one.

• Maroast

Posted October 26, 2007 - 04:46 PM

And I'm not talking about a hand gun, I'm talking about a hunting riffle.

They want to take away your right to own hunting riffles?!?!?!

• philipstjohn

Posted October 26, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Rugged says:

lol

Sig .45 ACP, 230 grain hollowpoint, chamber loaded, hello and good bye 92% of the time if shot placement is good! Kinda like the realiability of the
XR650R. I like my odds in both situations... :worthy: :worthy:

• ballisticexchris

Posted October 26, 2007 - 07:26 PM

Lojack!!!

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 26, 2007 - 08:03 PM

This thread has gone from PISTONERO to PISTOLERO !!!!

• goblin127

Posted October 27, 2007 - 06:20 AM

All good advice. I use the steering lock first,kill switch and 1st or second gear. All meant to at least slow them down. Have one of those rotor locks as well,but don't use it much.

• bosshog

Posted October 27, 2007 - 03:08 PM

They want to take away your right to own hunting riffles?!?!?!

If people who live in cities and others who haven't a clue have their way, Yes. The right is all but gone now.

• absynth01

Posted October 27, 2007 - 03:31 PM

As said-What would you do to an intruder in your home??? You don't know their intentions. In New york state he has to be in your house to end his career. I tell my wife, don't bother with anything else use the Benelli 9 shot 12 gauge with 00-she won't miss. I won't miss with my choice either!!!Then the dog can have her way with you as she LOVES GUNSHOTS and knows where that barrel is pointed is something to fight. Emergency plan!!!!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.