Pulled over by the NHP !!!

42 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:16 PM

on the way home tonight, i stopped at a corner store for a couple cans of bud. on the way out it turned onto the hiway and whacked the throttle on my XRL. a wheelie for 10-15 ft until i saw the lights coming at me! i pulled over right away as i was the ONLY vehicle on the east bound side. S*** !
i was thinking the worst. he got out and said "I KNOW that wasnt an accident!" i kinda just laughed and said "guess i shouldnt have done that!". luckily he is fellow rider and just warned me that was reckless.

my question is, what is the worst that has happened to any of you? I know you're out there!:crazy: :D :applause:

• cleonard

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:20 PM

In Cali they can write you for reckless or exhibition. Those are as bad as a DUI as far as the insurance goes. The fine the govt. gives doesn't really matter. It is the insurance rate increase that will just kill your wallet.

I'm sure that they could impound your bike and/or arrest you if they are so inclined.

• gearloos

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:20 PM

yous one lucky sombeeach! lol

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:44 PM

wow. guess thats the end of that!lol

• AtomicGeo

Posted October 23, 2007 - 05:19 PM

What kind of TT rider drinks Bud...:crazy: I'm glad you didn't offer the NHP any cause then he would've given you a ticket! :applause: The best way to shmooze is probably Red Hook, Fat Tire or Sam Adams :D

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 05:27 PM

What kind of TT rider drinks Bud...:crazy: I'm glad you didn't offer the NHP any cause then he would've given you a ticket! :applause: The best way to shmooze is probably Red Hook, Fat Tire or Sam Adams :D

cuz its RED!lol. all good choices for the offering!

• absynth01

Posted October 23, 2007 - 05:37 PM

That is an unsafe start, wreckless endangerment :D I can see our NY cops lecturing you here!!:crazy:

• Thorndike

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:32 PM

When I was a kid,along long time ago, we use to race the 4 drives in Palos Verdes. It is 4 roads that connect a twisty turny road into a 26 mile loop. I had an RD400, ported, with pipes and rear sets. All home made because at the time you couldn't by that stuff. I was about 1/2 way around and about 4 minutes ahead of the record, when I slowed down because of trafic. I then heard the cop car over the pipes. I hammer open the gas, took the first right, next left, next right, next right and a left. I sled into an open gararge, pull the door down and waited. Two minutes later I heard the cop drive by and thought I had gotten away. The problem was that there were a bunch of kids playing foot ball in the street. As the cop came back down the street, they showed him were I was. He then pulled open the door and yell got ya. I told him that wasn't fair, I got away clean except for the kids. We joked about that for a minute and he seemed kind of cool. He asked for my D.L. and reg., it was all OK. He then saw it was my birthday on my D.L. and told me to get out of there before he took my present away. Don't try this now, cops don't have the same since of humore

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:37 PM

ya no kidding. good story though! i would have liked to see the cop open the door and you hiding in there with your bike and he says "gotcha!" LOL!:crazy:

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:38 PM

That is an unsafe start, wreckless endangerment :D I can see our NY cops lecturing you here!!:crazy:

definately has me thinking twice now... especially with the insurance increase!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ridered7603

Posted October 23, 2007 - 07:15 PM

You Really Did A Wheelie On An Xrl?

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 07:18 PM

You Really Did A Wheelie On An Xrl?

??? 2nd gear even!

• Denn10

Posted October 24, 2007 - 11:13 AM

LMAO i bet your guts dropped cuz you thought u were screwed. I havent been pulled over on any of my bikes yet, hopefully we will keep it that way but have had one turn around and follow for a few miles till we said F THIS and pulled over. Talk about hard trying to stay at 55 LOL damn CHP

• martinfan30

Posted October 24, 2007 - 11:30 AM

LMAO i bet your guts dropped cuz you thought u were screwed. I havent been pulled over on any of my bikes yet, hopefully we will keep it that way but have had one turn around and follow for a few miles till we said F THIS and pulled over. Talk about hard trying to stay at 55 LOL damn CHP

oh yeah! thought i was done!

• nukinfutz

Posted October 24, 2007 - 12:45 PM

Ft. Hood TX.....summer 92.....I was on a 91 CR250.
They had a riding track laid out for us to ride on. Well, that got boring after 1 afternoon, so me an a few fellaz decided to Xplore.....
Back then it was an open post, you could literally drive up to and watch the M1's doing drills from the roadside. Not knowing where we were and were not allowed to ride because none of us bothered to check with range control, we ended up at the Self Propelled 155 Howitzer firing line, which was blocked off by a row of pines. Right damn in the middle of the firing range. Two 155's fired at once, we were 100meters out, the ground rolled in front of us and the concussion made the snot fly outta my nose. The tank commander called the MP's which met us back at our vehicles at the track. The bikes were impounded, and we were all cutting grass for the 1st Sgt. for a month. We had to give classes to the company we were in about Range Control, and where to ride....
After that we all rode off post the rest of the time we were stationed there.....TX, at least that part is not very exciting for the MX stuff.....IMO.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 24, 2007 - 01:16 PM

??? 2nd gear even!

My wheelie-warning was for pulling one in 3rd.

Dave

• Denn10

Posted October 24, 2007 - 01:51 PM

thats crazy NUKIN ive kept out of range controls eyes when fishing some great creeks aside some M1 ranges at ft knox NEVER when their firing at me though!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 24, 2007 - 02:05 PM

My wheelie-warning was for pulling one in 3rd.

Dave

nice! you got off too! i'm hoping with this cam i just ordered will let me get third up. i think being at 4300 ft. really makes a difference from sea level power wise. i hear all you cali guys on your l's getting third wheelies. mine wont up here.

• philipstjohn

Posted October 24, 2007 - 02:34 PM

For those who know San Diego, my Dad had a home near Mission Gorge Rd, (east) and everything North and East of Mission Gorge Rd was wide open, or great riding area. But the area was Patrolled at the time by SD Cops on Honda Thumpers, especially on weekends. I was out one day, riding during the week on a "tricked" out CR 125, circa late seventies, when I stopped only to hear a big thumper coming my way. I was hiding behind the bushes as the man went by, and I waited to see if he would keep going, then I fired the CR up and ran as fast as I could out of the area. All I had to do is cross Mission Gorge Rd, go two blocks and in the garage I went. He was on my tail. Had I not known the area, I would have been toast. They patrolled the area for an hour, but I guess I am lucky no one saw me tuck into the garage!
I was justed pulled over recently in Melbourne, FL for riding without my front light on-I have a BD's kit, and was running with "running light" at the time. He just gave me a warning, since I did have all in order including a working headlight. But he sure looked over the XRR really well. :D :crazy:

• shrubitup

Posted October 24, 2007 - 05:02 PM

I recall days of my youth when I was 15 and riding down the road on a KX125. I would ride in between off road areas out in the country. One particular WSP lived out that way; a father of a fellow underclassman at the junior high I attended. He finally found me on the road and the chase ensued. I took a short cut to get home which involved off-road terrain. He knew who I was and where I lived so he just continued on to my house via paved roads.

I got to my house, screamed up the driveway, and slammed on the brakes hard. Garage floors are way too smooth for fast knobbies to grip. I slid into the clothes dryer causing a dent in the door; my Dad wasn't happy. A minute later the WSP officer was at the door. I was disrobed of my riding gear and quickly slipped into a pair of shorts and t-shirt by then. I answered the door and claimed that I knew nothing of a dirt bike going down the street. I got off then.

Fast forward 20 years. I recently got my endorsement and my friend needed me to take his street legal XR250R to my house so we could just leave from work to ride. I have to ride a ferry to get home now. I paid my fees and then proceeded into the waiting area riding slowly and cautiously the whole time. This XR is bone stock and quiet. I parked the bike and another WSP officer pulls up to advise me the the plate mounted on the fender was poor form and that they need to be able to readily see it. I think he just wanted to see my endorsement because a new law here states that those not endorsed and get pulled over face their bike getting impounded. I was very happy to show him my new official driver's license. He let me go but said I had to fix that plate.

Don't law enforcement officers have larger issues to solve??

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.