Value of a 86 XL600

3 replies to this topic
  • Hondathumper450

Posted October 23, 2007 - 10:59 AM

My Co-Worker has an 86 XL600 he wants to sell. what do they go for? what are they worth in decent running condition?

• Timmerz

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Here in the Bay Area (Ca.) I believe I see them for between $1500 to $1700, although it may be possible to ask for more, depending on whether or not he kept the street registration current, whether he has it registered for off-road use, and how many legal mods have been done that help it run better but don't affect the reliability...
The other day I was coming out of Lucky's here in Oakley, Ca. and a dude was getting out of a 4x4 and wanted to know if I wanted to sell my '83 XL600R (completely stock, both mirrors, etc.) for $1500....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonR

Posted October 23, 2007 - 03:00 PM

1600 seemed fair for an all-original '87 with 1200 miles on it a couple months ago. Any more than that and I would have used the cash as a down payment on a brand new XL650 instead.

• Tallerman

Posted October 25, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Just bought a '85 XL600 from a BMW mechanic for $1200. Seemed like a fair deal for both of us. 13,500 miles. Plated here in MA, no small task.

Only issue is an oil leak that new case seals will fix.

Came with a larger Clarke tank.

I will ride it about 250 miles tomorrow and will report back.

Would be nice to find the 2000 mile XL garaged since '91 for $250 but no such luck.

This ol' skool XL will replace my '01 DRZ400E that runs and performs great but just hasn't lit my fire (it will be for sale with plenty of extras in the Spring).

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.