Black out plate and lights(keep em clean)

25 replies to this topic
  • absynth01

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:12 AM

Here is my new trail pass for my Honda's!!!
]
Safety wire your plate!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 12:40 PM

haha, very smart!!

• Maroast

Posted October 23, 2007 - 12:46 PM

Ok....so what is that for? Just to keep the plate clean? or other reasons?

I plan on doing something kinda similar when I move back down to Dallas a few months from now....there's a huge push down there to install intersection cameras...they are all over the place now!! Needless to say I don't agree with private companies handing out tickets.....they cant send you a summons if your plate is temporarily obscured.... :crazy:

• Ferdinand

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Cool! :crazy: What kind of material did you use?

• hill5150

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Am I missing something here?

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:41 PM

ya, they have to do ALOT of sneaking around out in NY. not much legal to ride there from what i understand.

• machman

Posted October 25, 2007 - 09:10 AM

I just cut mine down and jammed it way up under the tire on my XRL and bolted it to the backside of the airbox. Unless they've got cameras at ground level nobody's going to see it.

...it also helps if, like mine, your plate came into contact with your tire and some of the paint has been rubbed off so certain letters and numbers can't be differentiated...:D

Basically, the only way I'm getting busted is if I get pulled over and the cop walks up to my bike. Otherwise, nobody knows what my plate number is.:crazy:

• cleonard

Posted October 25, 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hey do you guys know that this thread has been found by some envrio whack job and is now being used as a reason why all riding areas should be shut down?

Think before you post.

• absynth01

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:15 AM

Sorry, I had bud locally that was F'n with me. I thought it was someone here, because he used my plate pics in an e-mail. The area in the post I was talking about is a sore subject with me. I thought I might get a hint who was mailing me by their reaction to my local rant as they would know this local issue. He really had me goin this time!!!!
sorry for the confusion

• Maroast

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:37 AM

Are ya freaken kiddin?? The area I ride is being developed and they ruined what was once a decent wetland. Never abused since it was PRIVATE, but since a "developer" deciced to creat a hotel he got the OK by donating the land to the county-Go figure. Other large landowners back when used to let select few (me, and other locals -5) ride. But then came "others" (tree huggers) that had to ABUSE it and cause trouble. You pressured these people out by sweetening the pot for developement then took the scraps for your wild area. Shit in one hand, wash the other. All for yourselves. Not mountain bikes, not horses, not ATV, not anyone else since you stuck your noses in it. My family happens to own property adjacent and also near there. You fools don't and don't pay the local taxes for that area (expensive). Besides you don't even pay into the state coffers which is what grants and upkeep of the area come from. Ask hunters or snowmobilers also. They would like to enjoy the area as well. We have a deer problem over here anyway,but "they" wouldn't understand conservation. As it is I don't even take my boat near this area because it is such a hassle to dredge and maintain because of "them". I'll just buy my cottage or property, and spend my Boat and recreation money elsewhere it is wanted as we have and owned in the past.:applause: Good luck with your fallen tree covered trails that I helped create, that aren't maintained as much anymore-see the association?
And all this for a cover so my plate doesn't get dirty, since my bike is in mint condition and want to keep it that way.
All my machines are LEGAL:busted: in all respects including that loud boat. I know you tree huggers will love that noise. It's already been tested by the CG and meets NYS noise ordinances, but I'm sure you will Bitch anyway when I dock near this area and Idle for an hour charging my weak batteries. Looks like you'll have to fight us boaters next locally and I'm sure you will lose as WE have the money and people and resources.

:crazy: THIS IS MY OPINION MIXED WITH FACT. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. MONEY WINS AS DID THE DEVELOPER. YOU JUST DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT NOW THE DEVELOPEMENT IS COMING, SO ARE MORE PEOPLE WITH MORE MONEY AND MORE TOYS AND WILL SQUASH YOUR ASS OUT. IT WILL BE LESS PEACEFUL NOW THAT LOUD BOATS WILL BE THERE SPENDING OUR MONEY AND HAVING LOUD GOOD OLE TIMES ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!
I SUSPECT THIS WHOLE AREA WILL BE DEVELOPED AS I KNOW THE ADJACENT LANDOWNERS ARE LOOKING TO DO THE SAME
P.S. I COULD CARE LESS IF I EVER POST AGAIN AS I HAVE MULTIPLE PRIVATE AREAS WITHIN NY AND OTHER STATES, AS WELL AS PUBLIC AREAS AND IF I CATCH ANY OF YOU" HUGGERS "ON OUR OTHER LANDS WE RIDE BE PREPARED FOR A TRESPASS TICKET AND ANY OTHER I CAN PERSUADE THE COURTS AND LANDOWNERS TO DO. WEVE CAUGHT YOU BEFORE AND CATCH YA AGAIN, EXCEPT THIS TIME THE DOGS ARE OUT RUNNING FREE ON OUR PROPERTY AND DON'T LIKE TRESPASSERS. YOU RUINED PRISTINE AREA ACCESS YOU HAVEN'T EVEN FIGURED OUT YET. DON'T "WANDER" ONTO PRIVATE PROPERTY ANYMORE. WE ALSO SHOOT ON OUR PROPERTY AND CAN'T SEE YA WITHOUT ORANGE ON-CATCH-22.:D

Hu? Dude, your english sucks. Please don't think I'm attacking your message...I cant really understand what your saying or what your motivation is. Please write coherently...Just thought I'd throw that out....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • k12

Posted October 25, 2007 - 11:16 AM

The best way to ensure that is to ride them the way they were meant to be ridden. If you do this, there will be much mud and dirt all over the bike.

• hill5150

Posted October 25, 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hu? Dude, your english sucks. Please don't think I'm attacking your message...I cant really understand what your saying or what your motivation is. Please write coherently...Just thought I'd throw that out....

Agreed, someone tell Corky to get a tutor........................................Or stop drunkposting...jeezuz.....:crazy:

• absynth01

Posted October 25, 2007 - 01:45 PM

That was a mad rant typed at speed. Just sick of tree"huggers". If in fact someome is using my pics against me, get the story straight. Hoping they take quotes from my rant. There has been problems here before!!!!!!! Just warning the enemy of the recourse from my side!!!

• absynth01

Posted October 25, 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hill what don't you understand? Why I have the plate mount, or why you can't understand. Who the F is CORKY!! Sorry I was riding or too busy making trails to waste my time being entertained by a retard on TV!! Sounds like ole Cork and you are buds!!

• Maroast

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:09 PM

Hill what don't you understand? Why I have the plate mount, or why you can't understand. Who the F is CORKY!! Sorry you can't understand!

I'm sorry, but your very unclear on your intentions... your rant seems to be directed at "you tree huggers". To me it seems that your attacking people on this board who are tree huggers...is this right? I dont think we are tree huggers here...we all ride large displacement 4 stroke dirt bikes....

So who exactly are you snapping at? And more importantly, why the F did you start this thread in the first place? I (and apparently other members) still have no idea what your intentions are...

Oh, corky was the retarded dude form the TV show "life goes on".... awful programing

• bosshog

Posted October 25, 2007 - 02:14 PM

I got it. Treehuggers have to be the most mindless sheep there are. No wonder polititions love them and pander to them for their votes. They can't see the forest for the trees till it's gone for everyone.

• absynth01

Posted October 25, 2007 - 03:32 PM

My intention was for the piece of $hit that is using my pics for his own agenda (local) will know what I'm talking about!!!!Don't want to start any more trouble, and don't know who you are on this board!!! Once again my point is if Environmentalists want to be unsharing, so will I. Our land is now closed and monitored for tresspassers!!! I'll enjoy seeing them arrested under the new "patriot act" as piplines run through our property and you look like a terrorist in my book!!

• CRF250X Rider

Posted October 25, 2007 - 03:48 PM

My intention was for the piece of $hit that is using my pics for his own agenda (local) will know what I'm talking about!!!!Don't want to start any more trouble, and don't know who you are on this board!!! Once again my point is if Environmentalists want to be unsharing, so will I. Our land is now closed and monitored for tresspassers!!! I'll enjoy seeing them arrested under the new "patriot act" as piplines run through our property and you look like a terrorist in my book!!

AMEN!! F those P***ys

• Maroast

Posted October 25, 2007 - 04:01 PM

It's all good man. I just wasn't sure what was going on....

I'm all with you! I can tell you that I hate LI and I feel the pinch down here (its more like a series of jabs).

For example:
(1) There are many low key nature preserves tucked away on the north shore... the trails are open to hikers and equestrians only. You mean to tell me that a mountain bike has a greater impact on a trail then a several hundred pound beast that craps ALL over the place? Nope. They just got more money and want all the trails to themselves. So we cant mountain bike on these trails.

(2) I was recently told by the local police that if I am caught riding ANY of the trails they will arrest me and impound my bike. One weekend later I drive by and see a ton of land rovers behind a gate thats normally locked....when I pull in and ask what's going on, they told me that they "pay the right people" and they have the keys/ permits to drive back there. This is the same COUNTY PROPERTY I was told I would be arrested if I was caught riding on. So a land rover has less impact on PUBLIC land then a dirt bike? Nope. They just got more money and want all the trails to themselves.

Then we have the envi nuts....I can keep going with this sh*t. So I feel you pain man. The people who run NY suck--> NY sucks.

• absynth01

Posted October 25, 2007 - 04:19 PM

It's all good man. I just wasn't sure what was going on....

I'm all with you! I can tell you that I hate LI and I feel the pinch down here (its more like a series of jabs).

For example:
(1) There are many low key nature preserves tucked away on the north shore... the trails are open to hikers and equestrians only. You mean to tell me that a mountain bike has a greater impact on a trail then a several hundred pound beast that craps ALL over the place? Nope. They just got more money and want all the trails to themselves. So we cant mountain bike on these trails.

(2) I was recently told by the local police that if I am caught riding ANY of the trails they will arrest me and impound my bike. One weekend later I drive by and see a ton of land rovers behind a gate thats normally locked....when I pull in and ask what's going on, they told me that they "pay the right people" and they have the keys/ permits to drive back there. This is the same COUNTY PROPERTY I was told I would be arrested if I was caught riding on. So a land rover has less impact on PUBLIC land then a dirt bike? Nope. They just got more money and want all the trails to themselves.

Then we have the envi nuts....I can keep going with this sh*t. So I feel you pain man. The people who run NY suck--> NY sucks.

Ha Ha Ha, we own some of those gates around here!!! That is what I'm talkin about. The county has a 100yr lease and maintains the "roads" for us. We have joint keys with the county, and they can't do anything about ME riding. But they can get "huggers" for trespassing!!!
My aunt lives in Orient Point and I know they don't want us down there riding!!!!:crazy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.