no noise please

3 replies to this topic
  • kball

Posted October 22, 2007 - 10:36 PM

I just bought a '99 yz400. It has a white bros e-series full system that is LOUD. I'd like to know which of the 98-02 mufflers is the quietest, stock or aftermarket? Is there a difference from a stock WR and YZ mufler? I'd imagine there is, but i've never seen them side by side. I just want the lowest DB possible cause it's gonna be my city bike. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:32 AM

The WR mufflers are quieter than any aftermarket equipment I'm aware of, and much quieter than a stock YZF.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • casperkc

Posted October 23, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Those old e series were pretty quiet when new. You just need to repack it. My buddy just had the same cenario and repacking cured the "too loud" bike. Repacking will not make it as quiet as a wr muffler will though.

• yamaha racing 230

Posted October 24, 2007 - 11:36 AM

my friend has a street legal wr 400 with the WB e seris and the big bore header that thing is loud as hell but im tring to trade him cause i love the sound of it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.