quietest muffler

22 replies to this topic
  • KennyMc

Posted October 25, 2007 - 07:36 AM

The quiet insert is simply a metal sleeve the fits in the end, the spark arrestor is always in.

So the quiet insert has a built in spark arrestor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdefonce

Posted October 25, 2007 - 09:02 AM

I took the same system off my 02 WR for the same reason and put the stock unit back on. Without an insert it's a little loud but not too bad. The stock insert was too restrictive so I bought this one and it's right were I like it.
http://www.promotobi.../products_id/54

I also have a '99 YZ400 (with stock exhaust system.) I ride in Colorado with it, and want quieter setup but that will still work on MX track. Would the promotobillet thing be a good choice for that?

• byggd

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:21 AM

I also have a '99 YZ400 (with stock exhaust system.) I ride in Colorado with it, and want quieter setup but that will still work on MX track. Would the promotobillet thing be a good choice for that?

Every bike is different but IMO yes. On my bike it brought it down to 92db.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.