Yz450 2008 New Suspension Setting

8 replies to this topic
  • mxmax

Posted October 22, 2007 - 08:18 PM

does anyone have some advice for setting of new 2008 450YZ ? it seems fork stiff and when braking is shacking in front .. my weight is 200lbs with gear thank you !

• DPW

Posted October 23, 2007 - 03:39 PM

Is the bike broken in? I'm a slow C rider and weigh around 200lb and my bike feels fine...maybe a hair soft, but good enough for now. Are you riding MX tracks or???

• bboyce

Posted October 23, 2007 - 05:54 PM

does anyone have some advice for setting of new 2008 450YZ ? it seems fork stiff and when braking is shacking in front .. my weight is 200lbs with gear thank you !

Sometimes the clickers are set wrong from the dealer..so first I would check the manual and make sure the clickers are set to stock.

• swaldrop

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Sometimes the clickers are set wrong from the dealer..so first I would check the manual and make sure the clickers are set to stock.

I have heard similar statements such as this numerous times, yet I have never been able to find in the manual where it states the stock clicker settings. I was curious about a base setting a while ago (still am to be honest), but after searching the forums for an answer, all I got was 'Check the manual'.

Well... Anyone care to point that out? I am also 200 lbs with gear and would love to hear what might be working for some others. (200lb w/gear, vet C, MX only and lots of sand)

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racerxx276

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:45 PM

Stock fork setting

C-12
R-12

Shock
HSC -1 -1/2
LSC -11
R -12

I run the sag at 100mm

• swaldrop

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Perfect. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted October 23, 2007 - 08:32 PM

I have heard similar statements such as this numerous times, yet I have never been able to find in the manual where it states the stock clicker settings. I was curious about a base setting a while ago (still am to be honest), but after searching the forums for an answer, all I got was 'Check the manual'.

Well... Anyone care to point that out?

Sure. Section 3, Regular Inspection and Adjustment, starting on page 35. The reason most people don't know what they are is because most people don't use that information. If they need, for instance, less damping, they count the clicks in for reference, then one or two more back out and start there. They aren't interested in where the clickers "belong", only in what works for them.

This guide may help you get started:

http://motoman393.th...suspension.html

• swaldrop

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:19 PM

I understand how clickers work, but having a good base from the manufacturer is ultimately the best place to start, no?

The reason a base setting is important is because (you would hope) this is a balanced setting. It certainly wasn't keeping me off the bike, but it is nice to know. Thanks.

• GENE426

Posted October 24, 2007 - 05:11 AM

i wish I had that problem
Still dealing with my 2004
How do you guys like the 08 looking at getting one soon.
Also how does that new muffler sound?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.