Enzo suspension mods to the 08?

35 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted October 27, 2007 - 07:30 AM

Vet X race at cahuilla this Sunday. The suspension on my 08 is at Enzo right now. I'll be racing my 06 there Sunday. However, I believe i am doing another race at Cahuilla in 2 weeks. Your welcome to try my 08.....or.? My 06 is for sale.

Hopefully you'll get this in time, but I just called Cahuilla and the VET X race is CANCELLED for this sunday.

• gtxkid

Posted October 27, 2007 - 09:58 AM

I had RDP do my suspention on my 2007 and now on my 2008.
This is what i know.
They go to the races.
So durring the day or if i need them to i will have them adjust it.
I have been asked by other riders why i just take off sometimes like i'm on fire.
Trick is they know suspention and i learned to let them do what they do best.
Friends even ask me if i know what was adjusted and most of the time i do not.
I do feel the differance at the track when riding because they have always made it better.
There was a time when i thought i knew something and adjusted my own suspention, not any more.

• motodega

Posted October 27, 2007 - 10:51 AM

I just got back to Yamahas from a KXF250 and I am trying to get my 08 YZ450 set up right and avoid the suspension work. What kind of sag are you guys running ? I hear some people run 94 on the yamahas. Also, do you raise your fork tubes a little to improve balance/grip on the front ? I am at 100 sag and raised the forks 5 mm.

• todds924

Posted October 27, 2007 - 04:06 PM

Hopefully you'll get this in time, but I just called Cahuilla and the VET X race is CANCELLED for this sunday.

Yes sir, i posted that earlier!! Good looking out though! Next weekend we will be at Racetown 395 then Perris the following week. I believe after that its I-5 Gorman and then back to Cahuilla. I think i'll make the trek to Ridgecrest tomorrow. So Cal old timers are having a national there today and tomorrow. I have never ridden that track.

• todds924

Posted October 27, 2007 - 04:11 PM

I just got back to Yamahas from a KXF250 and I am trying to get my 08 YZ450 set up right and avoid the suspension work. What kind of sag are you guys running ? I hear some people run 94 on the yamahas. Also, do you raise your fork tubes a little to improve balance/grip on the front ? I am at 100 sag and raised the forks 5 mm.

How much do you weigh? How much free sag do you have with 100mm of race sag? Lowering the forks any lower than the "line" at the top of the forks is to much I think. Depending on what your sag numbers are you might need lighter or heavier springs. That is the place to start. I run 102mm of sag on mine but I'm also 250 lbs and use a 6.7 shock spring.

• motodega

Posted October 29, 2007 - 05:03 PM

I way 172 no gear. I don't know the free sag but should be fine since I did not have to change the spring setting from stock to get the sag to 100. I am thinking about putting the forks back to the line to increase rear wheel traction. I sure hope I don't have to buy springs or re-valve since I bought a 450 to avoid all of that !!!!

• AnotherRedHead

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:28 AM

100mm of sag on an 08 450? Is that right? I ran 108mm on my honda, 100mm sounds like a 250F sag setting

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2007 - 08:38 AM

100mm sounds like a 250F sag setting

The YZF is not a Honda. '06 models work best at around 95-97, and the '07 calls for 95-100. I'd be surprised if 95-100 wasn't right for the '08 as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TMAC25

Posted November 01, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I just got enzo with sub tanks on my 06 haven't ridden it yet as it is winter here in Seattle, but will report once I do, sub tanks look sweet if that counts for anything.

• motoscotty

Posted November 01, 2007 - 04:34 PM

Enzo has done many bikes for me and they are great.This year I used MDK,comparing the 07 to the 08 they are a little different but the MDK stuff is equal to or better I was very shocked how well it worked.I rode the bike at Hangtown super high speed stuff I also rode it at a SX track in Hollister it was a little soft for that but I would not trade the high speed performance for that .I also rode at Zaca and just like enzo you dont even feel so much stuff that you think is gonna just launch you right off the track braking bumps square edges so forth and lastly rode at Sna Jose fairgrounds small mild little track but close to my home and actually a lot of fun well it amazed me again how plush it was but still controlled ,Ross is gonna kill me when I see him next..I think Enzo is verry good shop dont get me wrong but if your a 185 lb. fast gut you will dig MDK also..

• todds924

Posted November 01, 2007 - 04:48 PM

The YZF is not a Honda. '06 models work best at around 95-97, and the '07 calls for 95-100. I'd be surprised if 95-100 wasn't right for the '08 as well.

I ran 98 mm on my 06 and it worked really well. I just got my stuff back from Enzo for my 08 and they said to try 103mm.

• todds924

Posted November 01, 2007 - 04:51 PM

I way 172 no gear. I don't know the free sag but should be fine since I did not have to change the spring setting from stock to get the sag to 100. I am thinking about putting the forks back to the line to increase rear wheel traction. I sure hope I don't have to buy springs or re-valve since I bought a 450 to avoid all of that !!!!

Free sag is a very important number and you CAN get zero free sag even if you have 100mm race sag....with the improper spring. Taks some measurements and let us know what you come up with. If your 172 lbs, I believe your probably ok with the stock spring.

• motoscotty

Posted November 01, 2007 - 05:05 PM

I want to come to So. cal and ride with you guys what tracks are cool ,I hear comp edge is it, is really cool.What about colly creek or what is it called..

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:04 PM

I ran 98 mm on my 06 and it worked really well. I just got my stuff back from Enzo for my 08 and they said to try 103mm.

Enzo was saying 100+ for the '06 with their stuff. :worthy:

I want to come to So. cal and ride with you guys what tracks are cool ,I hear comp edge is it, is really cool.What about colly creek or what is it called..

You have to ride Glen Helen (national and REM tracks). Have to. Cahuilla Creek is cool, too.

(I miss Carlsbad :worthy: )

• todds924

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Enzo was saying 100+ for the '06 with their stuff. :worthy:
You have to ride Glen Helen (national and REM tracks). Have to. Cahuilla Creek is cool, too.

(I miss Carlsbad :worthy: )

I MISS OLD SADDLEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• todds924

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:33 PM

You could make a week of it. Tracks that i race at are: Racetown 395, Competitive Edge, Glen Helen, Perris, Starwest, I-5 Gorman, Cahuilla Creek, All my friends are talking about a new place called Milestone Ranch thats supposed to be really nice..I havent been yet. You can find a race every weekend down here.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.