Winter "Rebuild" Project...What to Include?

22 replies to this topic
  • jaredc28

Posted November 28, 2007 - 02:21 PM

Here are some more pics of the project:
Frame after sandblasting:Posted Image
Frame after powdercoat (notice the vin sticker had some issues with the oven...the VIN stamp is also very covered, you can read the number if you get it in just the right light:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Piston BEFORE:Posted ImagePosted Image
Piston AFTER:Posted ImagePosted Image

I need advice on these side covers and fender that I did a DIY paint job on...are they too much:excuseme: or goddy? :thumbsup: :busted: Don't hold back if you do or don't like them please give me your oppinion!Posted Image

Wish me luck on the rest of the project!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted November 28, 2007 - 03:32 PM

holy crap man, no wonder you had a carbon knock! have you looked into the bottom end to see if the contact surfaces are pitted? if so, you better repl. them.

the frame looks good, im sure if you take the title to DMV they can make another VIN plate.

those panels and fender look.......

REALLY nice! thats a cool pattern and color match. its a 93, what color seat you gonna do?

NICE JOB!:thumbsup:

• jaredc28

Posted December 04, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I am going to have a black seat cover and black fender bag. White clarke tank. Once I get it all back together I may decide to repaint the fender and side covers just black. I got a bit crazy...we'll see how it looks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.