TTR 225 Electric Start Problems?

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest__*

Posted June 16, 2002 - 06:35 PM

I recently purchased a 2001 TTR 225, with an Electric Start. I've heard that the start up switches tend to have problems, i was wondering if this is true and if so, what i can do to prevent this. If anyone has information, please respond to this post, i really don't want to be stuck up a trail, and have to push my bike back down. Also, if anyone has any info on whether i can put a kickstart on it, please tell me. thank you.

• Yamaha__RacerX

Posted June 16, 2002 - 08:00 PM

I don't have a ttr225 but my dad does, and he has never had trouble with it, and we have had them for about a year now. You cannot put a kickstart on it because it runs with electric wires and stuff.-Yamaha_racerx

• Guest__*

Posted June 20, 2002 - 07:44 AM

Well, actually, you can buy a kickstar kit at any yamaha shop, they run around $150, to $100. I picked one up just incase, it comes with everything you need. P.S. My switch died on me last week when i was at home, so warn your dad, and go out and get kickstart kick, or go to www.yamaha-motor.com, look under ttr 225, performance, or accessories, and it should be there as well.

• nustar1

Posted September 26, 2002 - 05:44 AM

TT-R 225 Kick Start Kit

3RW-W0795-00-00
$101.46

http://www.yamaha-mo...d=2307&pid=1461

• trigger happy

Posted August 21, 2009 - 11:30 AM

I don't have a ttr225 but my dad does, and he has never had trouble with it, and we have had them for about a year now. You cannot put a kickstart on it because it runs with electric wires and stuff.-Yamaha_racerx

As seen in this thread yes not only can you put a kickstart on it, but one is sold for this bike as an option.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.