xr600 vs 450r quad

19 replies to this topic
  • litng1

Posted October 21, 2007 - 08:59 PM

I was riding with a guy that had a 450r honda quad thats a couple years old with a pipe.I could pull away from him pretty good when we where racing on the street is this about right?My bike is 92 xr600 with a slip on Super trapp and 10-1piston rest is stock.

• Kawabuggy

Posted October 22, 2007 - 06:02 AM

I would hope that you are able to completely blow him away, not just pull on him. I have a friend who has a jetted, piped, Yamaha Raptor 660. That is a VERY fast quad. He can beat me on take-off-but only because I have to feather the clutch or risk flipping over back-wards, plus he has 4 times the traction I have on take-off as well. Once I get it into 2nd, I am dead even with him, and then 3rd I start pulling away, 4th I have him by a couple car lengths, and then by the time I hit 5th, we are talking a football field or better.

I have seen my buddy with the Raptor beat several 450's-both Honda & Suzuki. He also raced a Banshee and beat him 2 out of 3 times. It was a close race all 3 times, but the Raptor just pulled harder off the line.

A 450 for your XR600 should not even be a challenge.:crazy:

• Denn10

Posted October 22, 2007 - 06:18 AM

WOW stock motor 660 beating 450s LOL ive ridden both and neither are that impressive with just a pipe and jetting. You will get most of stock ones NOW one with a few motor upgrades might be different. NOW you need to find some suckers that think their stock 450 is the shiat and race em and make some money LOL.

• martinfan30

Posted October 22, 2007 - 12:50 PM

WOW stock motor 660 beating 450s LOL ive ridden both and neither are that impressive with just a pipe and jetting. You will get most of stock ones NOW one with a few motor upgrades might be different. NOW you need to find some suckers that think their stock 450 is the shiat and race em and make some money LOL.

lets get on it!lol

• Denn10

Posted October 22, 2007 - 12:57 PM

i dont have a 450 quad but ill race anything you got with the old YZ!!! LOL

• martinfan30

Posted October 22, 2007 - 12:59 PM

i dont have a 450 quad but ill race anything you got with the old YZ!!! LOL

ill ride my wifes 750 shadow!lol

• gearloos

Posted October 22, 2007 - 03:39 PM

I won a case of beer by DESTROYING my friends Raptor with my 89 cr250 4trx quad on the dry lake bed last year. (The 250 is piped, bigger piston jetted and filtered, reeds etc..) but he seriously had no chance at all.
And his ego probably weighed 50 extra pounds but ... was fun
So.. I don't belive he beat Banshees that easily if they knew how to ride at all.

• Kawabuggy

Posted October 23, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Gearloos, I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Either your buddy did not know how to ride, or his bike was not tuned, or the 2 of you were smokin' somethin' wacky before the race. I've yet to see ANY 250 (even 2 smokes) even dream of being able to keep up with a Banshee, or even a Raptor for that matter.

Shouldn't we have a once a year get-together where we can all line up what we brung and separate the bull-shit from the bravado?

• litng1

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:18 AM

LOL im not wanting any fights.Just wondering if my bike is running up to what it should thats all.

• martinfan30

Posted October 23, 2007 - 12:25 PM

Gearloos, I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Either your buddy did not know how to ride, or his bike was not tuned, or the 2 of you were smokin' somethin' wacky before the race. I've yet to see ANY 250 (even 2 smokes) even dream of being able to keep up with a Banshee, or even a Raptor for that matter.

Shouldn't we have a once a year get-together where we can all line up what we brung and separate the bull-shit from the bravado?

this is a hell of an idea! when and where???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bmtroublemaker

Posted October 23, 2007 - 12:32 PM

I own a trx450r and I have beaten quite a few banshees and raptors the 450 is geared really tall and the raptors are geared low they are built from factory to be a woods bike.

• hill5150

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Friends don't let friends ride quads...............

Ride responsibly kids............

• gearloos

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:11 PM

You should maybe go somewhere like Glamis and see what some 2 strokes can do.
And I'll repeat it, a stock 660 Raptor is less than impressive.
And no, not bs and a 250R IS a 2 smoke . A fast, light one at that. Actaully, the 87-89 was one of the lightest quads around with a lot of power stock. Modifying one just makes it better and better.
Oh, and I didnt say mine was even close to stock.
Lifts the front in every gear at a whim and any speed if I don't have the long swingarm on it.. well actaully even with the 8 over arm..:crazy:

• CRF250X Rider

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:23 PM

Ihave no doubt that Gearloos 250r beat that rapter. My friends got a seriously hooked up 87 250r and it is scary fast.

• gearloos

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:24 PM

LOL im not wanting any fights.Just wondering if my bike is running up to what it should thats all.

nope, is all good man..
peace:thumbsup:

• gearloos

Posted October 23, 2007 - 04:26 PM

Ihave no doubt that Gearloos 250r beat that rapter. My friends got a seriously hooked up 87 250r and it is scary fast.

Yup, honestly unless someone actually rides one or sees one in action, theses little bikes dont look like much!

• litng1

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Ive rode a stock 660 raptor and think its got very good power.I dont see how someone can think they are weak stock.
I also like the friends dont let friends ride quads thats a good one.

• Kawabuggy

Posted October 24, 2007 - 05:10 AM

I'll be the 1st to admit I am intriqued.. I am in line waiting to ride a 250R quad!
I feel the need, the need for speed!

• hill5150

Posted October 24, 2007 - 09:56 AM

All of you should do yourself a favor, and get over the training wheels.You want to go fast, twist that grip on the right side all the way, and get some real rubber for your conditions.......My money is on a bike.......always......:crazy:

• gearloos

Posted October 24, 2007 - 06:54 PM

LOL hey I love my Bike. I just enjoy the occasional blast up the dunes at Glamis also!
And I agree, a bike should always beat a quad, all other things being equal I mean as long as hp is close.
If no other reason the lighter weight. The bikes also way more fun but the quad is easier on me after 2 days in the dunes, I can still sit and put around whereas on my And bike my old butt is too tired to hold the thing up after the second day.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.