Paddle Tire Help

5 replies to this topic
  • 1gdsm4life

Posted October 21, 2007 - 11:47 AM

I have an 05' YZ450F and i want to know what paddle tire I should get. size, 8paddle or 10 paddle, I just dont know what the advantage of one to the other any info would help,

Thank You and God Bless,

• MacJammer

Posted October 21, 2007 - 12:03 PM

I run an 8 paddle and most of my buddies do as well. The 10 just seems to steal your RPM a little to much. I currently run the cheng shin dune hopper but my buddeis that run the turbo king can get up a go a little better on long runs. I would recomend the turbo king or a skat track.

• tnl

Posted October 21, 2007 - 04:32 PM

I've have an 8 paddle and have gotten the bike to the point where a couple more ponies would be nice going up comp hill. If I had a 10 paddle on there I'll bet it would of robbed me some power. Go with the 8!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BradThomas

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I've have an 8 paddle and have gotten the bike to the point where a couple more ponies would be nice going up comp hill. If I had a 10 paddle on there I'll bet it would of robbed me some power. Go with the 8!

8 will be fine. I had a 8 paddle cheng shin on my 01 kx250 and it had no trouble at pismo.

• Decreasing Dave

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:10 PM

I've got a 10 paddle on my '06 YZ 450. With a 10, you always have 2 paddles in the sand. I never had a problem with power.

I'll let you know better after next weekend!!!!:crazy:

• BergArabia

Posted October 21, 2007 - 10:47 PM

I have a 10 paddle on the 05 YZ and haven't noticed any problems with power.
The only problem is keeping the front end down while blowing off assorted other bikes and quads racing up the big dunes...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.