Anybody knows a good sleek tail light that will fit the YZ rear fender?

8 replies to this topic
  • tornado

Posted March 23, 2002 - 09:41 AM

Can anybody recommend a sleek looking tail light that will fit the yz rear fender and minimise the flapping?

• Guy

Posted March 23, 2002 - 10:22 PM

:) Acerbis do a neat range of add on Lights incorporating a mudguard extender, it just bolts under the back of the "Fender" and gives you a rear light and a small extra mud guard, complete with wiring, etc :D

• james_gt

Posted March 23, 2002 - 03:56 PM

Check out the white brothers cataloge online. www.whitebrothers.com It takes a while to load but they have ggod prices.

• SMD

Posted March 23, 2002 - 05:37 PM

I have had great success with the Acerbis on my WR400. You may want to look at the Acerbis rear fender brace as well.
On another note I am currently running on my WR250 a one piece unit from UFO. Its a YZ fender with the tail light included. Also works great
and has plenty of room for license plate. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted March 24, 2002 - 07:12 AM

Acerbis sells two styles of under the fender tail light assemblies. Here is mine. There is a fender extention that comes with this setup which can be removed if you so desire. That will lessen the amount of swing in the unit. Acerbis does sell a stiffener brace but it is rather spendy for a peice of nylon. My solution was to double up the rear fender with another fender. No more flex and still looks sleek.
fershyPosted ImagePosted Image

• freestyle111

Posted March 24, 2002 - 09:28 AM

here's a picture of the ufo tailight w\lic.plate holder.its sleek and smaller than most of other taillight setups.sorry i dont have a closer picture.Posted Image

• freestyle111

Posted March 24, 2002 - 09:51 AM

heres a little better pic.i only paid about $30 for rearfender w\taillight.Posted Image

• Angel_Boy

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:03 PM

freestyle111
I know you said that your fender is a UFO but do you happen to know the model number. Looking in a cataloge there are two licence plate holders, a universal mount, that is special for KTM and one that bolts underneath. I can see that your mount underneath but the light looks different than what is in my cataloge. Thanks for clearing this up.
Angel Boy

• freestyle111

Posted March 29, 2002 - 03:15 AM

i ordered it from dennis kirk $37.99[UFO enduro rearfender w/light fits yz 98-00]part#61-3587[white] or part#61-3588[blue] Posted Image

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.