any better fork guard?

3 replies to this topic
  • albertlui

Posted October 21, 2007 - 06:20 AM

I felt on a rock. :crazy: :D :applause:

By the way, except inner tube and oil seal, what parts do I need to renew?

Posted Image

• WR_Dave

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:04 AM

You will also be needing the two bearing surfaces in the forks ( slide metals as Yamaha calls them). The forks should be thorougly cleaned as there will probably be metal debris inside the forks if you rode at all after that nasty gash :crazy: was installed on the fork tube. As for better fork guards , depending on the year of your bike, I have seen everything from the old style fork boots installed over the lower tubes to guys fashioning wrap around plastic to keep mud and (rock gouges) from damaging the lower fork tube. Good Luck -- WR Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • albertlui

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:31 AM

Thanks Dave. My WR450 is 06. Is it ".METAL, SLIDE 1"(5XE-23125-L0-00)? It also contact with the gash surface?

• WR_Dave

Posted October 21, 2007 - 08:03 AM

Yes you will probably need that one too, but the #23171-LO-00 ( piston , front fork ) is likely the one that recieved the most damage. WR Dave.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.