z-start on wr400 y2k

4 replies to this topic
  • wild west al

Posted October 21, 2007 - 02:25 AM

Has anyone else here fitted a z-start to a wr400f is so did you need to install any of the shims between the inner basket and pressure plate .My instructions say nothing about adding shims although I got 80 in the packet with the locating studs for installation ???:D I have looked on the rekluse web site and there is no mention in the installation manual online however they are required in the 450 and 426 models :crazy:

• ncampion

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:31 AM

Installed a Rekluse on my 98' WR400 a couple of years ago and don't recall any shims needed. I know they changed the clutch a bit between the 400 and 426. I didn't need any help, but I understand that the people at Rekluse have been very helpful. Might be a little harder to call for AU. You'll love it once you get it set up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DanyR1

Posted October 21, 2007 - 09:41 AM

Check your clutch plate you have one not the same size of the other one you have to finish whit this one (the last one) I have do the same mistake.....good luck

• SXP

Posted October 21, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Has anyone else here fitted a z-start to a wr400f is so did you need to install any of the shims between the inner basket and pressure plate .My instructions say nothing about adding shims although I got 80 in the packet with the locating studs for installation ???:D I have looked on the rekluse web site and there is no mention in the installation manual online however they are required in the 450 and 426 models :crazy:

No shims supplied in my 400 kit, only steel plates of different thickness to adjust the "installed" gap.

• wild west al

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Thanks folks ,I had suspected they were just thrown in as a standard hardware kit but always like to check .AND yes I am sure I will love the z-clutch as we do a fair bit of hill climbing and Iam not as quick with the left fingers as i used to be so hopefully I wont be kick starting it as often due to stalling .I have already done the feeler guage set up and only needed 1 of the rekluse plates as the outer steel to get back into tolerance

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.