DR.D pipe on 2008 yz450f

28 replies to this topic
  • 917 rider

Posted October 31, 2007 - 05:05 PM

917, your talking about your bike with a DR D and stock jetting? My 08 is almost perfect with the stock jetting. Pro circuit Ti-4 pipe. I only bumped the main 1 size and put the fuel screw at 2 1/4

yes my bike still has stock jetting,i was expecting to have to change it after all the reviews but i cranked it up and it runs perfect,crisp throttle,next to zero backfiring so i dont see the need. it also has way more power:banana: :worthy:

• todds924

Posted October 31, 2007 - 06:49 PM

yes my bike still has stock jetting,i was expecting to have to change it after all the reviews but i cranked it up and it runs perfect,crisp throttle,next to zero backfiring so i dont see the need. it also has way more power:banana: :worthy:

Sweeeeeeeet! I like the way my 08 runs with stock jetting also. I only went up one on the main. Fuel screw at 2 1/4. On my 06 with a Dr.D, I only went up one on the pilot.

• grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2007 - 07:24 PM

On my 06 with a Dr.D, I only went up one on the pilot.

That's true of both of my '06's, too. I put them at 45/165 before I ever rode them, then when they got their Dr.D's, I changed nothing.

• todds924

Posted October 31, 2007 - 08:30 PM

That's true of both of my '06's, too. I put them at 45/165 before I ever rode them, then when they got their Dr.D's, I changed nothing.

Hey Gray, I like the way my 06 runs with that set up but i've also tried an 06 with an NFLR needle that worked really well also. I believe thats the stock needle in the 07 and 08.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2007 - 08:42 PM

The NFLR is the stock needle on '07-8's. The difference between that and the NFLP that the '06 came with is that the R needle is one half step leaner in any position than the P. I don't know that it would be that significant, but people say they like it.

Personally, as soon as my '03 sells, I'll try the Zip-Ty mod, and see how that goes.

• todds924

Posted October 31, 2007 - 08:57 PM

The NFLR is the stock needle on '07-8's. The difference between that and the NFLP that the '06 came with is that the R needle is one half step leaner in any position than the P. I don't know that it would be that significant, but people say they like it.

Personally, as soon as my '03 sells, I'll try the Zip-Ty mod, and see how that goes.

I'm pretty happy with the jetting on my 08 as it is right now. I have heard nothing but good things about the Zip -ty mod and was also thinking of trying it out. What exactly are they doing to the carb?

• grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:32 PM

The core of the mod is a modification to the main circuit in which the main air jet is removed, the passageway drilled out and tapped for a larger MAJ, and then a different emulsion tube is installed.

They also do the accel pump "wiring" mod.

There are add-ons like the Power Bowl, and Zip-Ty's accel pump linkage, hot start nut, etc.

The kit apparently originates from an outfit named Factory Pro.

http://www.factorypr...s/prodcy45.html

Scroll down the page until you see "Tech Tips" about a third down. Lots of details.

The results are, going by feedback only, and not FP's claims, generally crisper, more responsive carburetion across the board.

• todds924

Posted November 01, 2007 - 05:19 PM

The core of the mod is a modification to the main circuit in which the main air jet is removed, the passageway drilled out and tapped for a larger MAJ, and then a different emulsion tube is installed.

They also do the accel pump "wiring" mod.

There are add-ons like the Power Bowl, and Zip-Ty's accel pump linkage, hot start nut, etc.

The kit apparently originates from an outfit named Factory Pro.

http://www.factorypr...s/prodcy45.html

Scroll down the page until you see "Tech Tips" about a third down. Lots of details.

The results are, going by feedback only, and not FP's claims, generally crisper, more responsive carburetion across the board.

Thank you for the info, its exactly what i wanted to know.:worthy:

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 09, 2007 - 01:11 PM

I'm not sure it the powerbowl has anything to do with the 52 pilot jet but it works.

First, he thought is was rich and tried a 42, much worse.
Second, tried a 48 and was better but not great.
Third, was the 52, what a difference!

The bike rips now with the 52, and powerbowl.

What elevation are you at?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.