please help me with my 2008 yzf 450 question thanks guys

3 replies to this topic
  • revo15

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:25 PM

i have a 2008 yzf 450 i changed the oil for the first time and i put a stailess oil fiter in. theres my question does the open end go towards the cover of the oil filter? i am 99 pecent shure thats how it goes but just like to make sure. also what kind of oil and weigt do you guys run in the 450 .

• NorCal

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:29 PM

i have a 2008 yzf 450 i changed the oil for the first time and i put a stailess oil fiter in. theres my question does the open end go towards the cover of the oil filter? i am 99 pecent shure thats how it goes but just like to make sure. also what kind of oil and weigt do you guys run in the 450 .

There is only one way the oil filter fits in. I'm pretty sure the open end is out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Actually, if using a Ready filter (a low cost copycat of a Scotts) with a Ready Racing cover, you can put it in backwards because they left out the stub that prevents people from doing that. The open end should be out, toward the cover.

I use Amsoil MCF 10w-40. Oil weights and requirements are listed in section 2 and 3 of the manual.

http://www.thumperta...432#post2685432

• yamaha racing 230

Posted October 20, 2007 - 08:55 AM

i also use amsoil good stuff but might go to rotella 5 W 40

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.