Best radiator guards???

41 replies to this topic
  • dmoney1074

Posted October 19, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Can anyone guide me in the direction of some GOOD radiator bracres for the 426? I just had my radiators redone for $130 so I think its time for some protection. I have my eye on the devols..... what do you think?

• jpfire

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:44 PM

I have the DEvols on two of my bikes and they are awesome. No problems with overheating either. Cheers

• erickdj

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Can anyone guide me in the direction of some GOOD radiator bracres for the 426? I just had my radiators redone for $130 so I think its time for some protection. I have my eye on the devols..... what do you think?

Unabiker guards, a pain to install, but very well worth the effort. They not only look really nice, but they are very solid and seem to be able to take lots of abuse without messing up your radiators.

• dmoney1074

Posted October 19, 2007 - 09:01 PM

I am actaully torn betweenthe two you guys mentioned... the unibikers look more sturdy, but they are like $50 more....

jpfire... any get offs with the devols???

• Birdy426

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:14 PM

I have DeVols on my WR426 and my son's WR250. I fall a lot but not terribly hard (too smart), he doesn't fall a lot, but when he does, he falls hard (too young). The DeVols hold up well. Way better than the works connnection guards that they replaced!

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:26 PM

I am actaully torn betweenthe two you guys mentioned... the unibikers look more sturdy, but they are like $50 more....

jpfire... any get offs with the devols???

I have the Unabikers and IMO are worth the money. They're more cuz they are rad guards and braces.
Posted Image

• tp3dxf

Posted October 20, 2007 - 02:37 AM

Another vote for Devol guards. They have done well by me. I've bent them and even did bend one rad but it didn't leak and ran well for years with the bend. Without the Devol guards I would have broken the rad for sure.

I've tried the Works Connection stuff. Didn't like them no front coverage. They should call them Crap Connection.

Never tried the Unibikers but they look good but for $50 they should. I always go with Devol. They have never let me down.

• WR_Dave

Posted October 20, 2007 - 01:29 PM

I had Devol guards on my 426 and they never let me down. I now have flatland guards on my new 450 and the are very strong and look like they will stand up to most any bad situation. I have never used unibiker guards but they look good too. Alot of people don't like the works connection product , but they are just braces , not guards. I need frontal as well as side impact protecion. Anything is better than nothing. WR Dave.

• jpoehls

Posted October 20, 2007 - 02:05 PM

The BLUE Unabiker guards are SWEET!!! Unabiker makes both a heavy duty guard AND they have very quality worksmanship/finish. They cost a little more but are worth it for the rider looking for both form and function over all other guards. Just got mine on my 07 450 and could not be happier. Flatland is also sturdy, but their finish and worksmanship is not in the same league as Unabiker. Most the other guards are not a full heavy duty guard like these two...IMHO

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted October 20, 2007 - 02:34 PM

rooster performance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted October 20, 2007 - 03:43 PM

Put the Unabiker's on my 07 450. They ARE a pain to put on but are definatly the most quality rad guard I've seen out there. They add alot of bracing from not only bolting to the frame but each other as well.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted October 20, 2007 - 04:39 PM

Another vote for Unabiker rad guards.

Everyone that has seen them says they look like the most sturdy guards they have ever seen.

It took me the better part of 45 minutes to install them. I took my time and had to do a little rad straightening before they fit without being forced.

They look great and I never worry about my rads when I don't manage to keep the bike upright.:D

Get 'em. Love 'em. Forget 'em.:crazy:

-Jay

• chevytrkn1

Posted October 20, 2007 - 09:05 PM

got the unabikers on mine, were a bit of a pain to install but seem super sturdy,

• treecop

Posted October 20, 2007 - 10:26 PM

I will put in a vote for Flatland Racing.

Easy to install and not very pricey. They aren't cool looking wavy like Unabiker.:crazy:
Review
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=561873

My bike with Flatland Racing Guards
Posted Image

• drtbk4ever

Posted October 22, 2007 - 07:34 AM

I have the Devol guards on my 2004. I have only had one incident where the radiators could have been damaged. I bent the plastic rad shroud outwards about 90 degrees but the radiator was unscathed. They do the job for me.

Besides, I got them for $15 plus shipping.

• unpride

Posted October 22, 2007 - 08:13 AM

Put Devols on my 07 450 and they work and look good!

• ntd21

Posted October 22, 2007 - 08:29 AM

rooster performance

those look tough. i wish i would have seen those before i bought my moose racing braces:cry:

• matt4x4

Posted October 22, 2007 - 10:15 AM

Devol's on my 2000 WR400 - tough as nails, no letdowns

• race32

Posted October 22, 2007 - 10:57 AM

If you want the best and the strongest guards go with the bullet proof guards. I will never own another bike without them. I trashed a set or fluidyne radiators with the devol guards.

http://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/

• byggd

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:06 AM

I have the Unabikers and IMO are worth the money. They're more cuz they are rad guards and braces.
Posted Image

I agree. I have them on my 02 426. Great fit, protection and they even act as a heatsink. You can get them on the TT store and save some $$
http://www.unabiker....m5/merchant.mvc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.