CA emissions stickers?

24 replies to this topic
  • Robbiesworld

Posted October 22, 2007 - 02:22 AM

I live in beautiful Northern California and have 24 acres of beautiful unpoluted land. I love the trees water and smell in the morning.

After reading this I think I am gonna go outside and light a car tire on fire just to watch the black smoke rise into the air!

The thing these jerks dont understand is the simple fact of more cars and more miles traveled in California negates all of their stupid smog regulations.

• zrxer

Posted October 22, 2007 - 05:40 AM

zrxer,
You didn't state what year your bike is, but you shouldn't have a problem getting an off-highway red sticker for that bike, you can't get a green sticker for anything newer than 2002 without the proper CARB certification.

If it's older than 2002, I think red/green seems to up to who you get at the DMV; my understanding is pre 2002, green sticker OK, but i've seen others post that they will only issue green stickers to pre 2002 bikes which already have green stickers (issued prior to '03)?

more info here:
http://www.dmv.ca.go...ohvredgreen.htm

That page seems to make it pretty clear that you should be able to get at least a red sticker, If it were my bike, i'd certainly give it another shot.

BTW, How much are you asking for the AZ bike?

Carl, the bike is a 2001. It's in excellent shape, not even any paint worn off the side cases. I have the rear fender with the emission label on it now from the CA bike so it shouldn't be a problem registering it for off road. If someone was interested I'd let it go for 3K but I'll probably just keep 'em both. One for dual-sport, one for the woods. Can't really go wrong there, eh? Bruce

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted October 24, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Carl, the bike is a 2001. It's in excellent shape, not even any paint worn off the side cases. I have the rear fender with the emission label on it now from the CA bike so it shouldn't be a problem registering it for off road. If someone was interested I'd let it go for 3K but I'll probably just keep 'em both. One for dual-sport, one for the woods. Can't really go wrong there, eh? Bruce

According to CA law, you can't convert a bike to dual sport after early 2004. There was a website called Californiadualsport.com that was converting bikes up to around 2006. Most of those bikes will have their license plates taken away because they were unlawfully registered for dual purpose. The webiste ended up closing and I'm guessing that there may be lawsuits pending against the business.

• cleonard

Posted October 24, 2007 - 10:03 PM

According to CA law, you can't convert a bike to dual sport after early 2004. There was a website called Californiadualsport.com that was converting bikes up to around 2006. Most of those bikes will have their license plates taken away because they were unlawfully registered for dual purpose. The webiste ended up closing and I'm guessing that there may be lawsuits pending against the business.

There is still a guy advertising on Craigslist that he can plate your dirt bike. I think that his name is Joe and his shop is in San Jose.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 24, 2007 - 10:17 PM

According to CA law, you can't convert a bike to dual sport after early 2004.

wrong the law states your bike must meet cali emissions...

no dirt bike meets cali emissions (unless its factory plated) so thus you can not dual sport your bike. but again the law does say you can do as long as it meets on road emission for cali!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.