07 650R street Tard Finished!

37 replies to this topic
  • dmvmechanics

Posted November 15, 2007 - 12:32 AM

you can just cut the front of the fender short, it still looks ok, and it doesn't cost any thing.

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted November 15, 2007 - 01:34 AM

sick....i want one....

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:46 AM

im suppost to get my black acerbis front fender and black side panels today! will look sick with all black and red.

next thing is to vent the new side panel and throw on a exhuast header.

• algunn

Posted November 15, 2007 - 08:51 AM

Nice. Where'd you get those wheels?

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 15, 2007 - 02:53 PM

www.motostrano-store.com

there loaded with everything supermoto

• ant_mb

Posted November 15, 2007 - 04:49 PM

That's a sweet looking bike.

• dmvmechanics

Posted November 15, 2007 - 05:04 PM

i like those rims too. anybody tried to paint excel rims?

• rm298z

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:04 PM

Nice Bike!

I'd do that to mine but just can't see wrapping up that much money into it and never being able to get it back.

You must be approaching the msrp of a new race replica.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:14 PM

Ive got $9700 into it...:thumbsup:

i kinda regret buying it new and setting up myself....seriouse money pit, ive spent everything ive made in the last 3 years on this thing:banghead:

If you want 1 definatly look at some used already set up bikes:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rm298z

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:27 PM

Once it gets nice out again we should meet up for a ride. I usually ride around where route 8 intersects 57. A lot of nice paved and dirt roads out there.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 16, 2007 - 04:12 AM

yea maby a early spring ride, id would be cool go get together with a couple Tard ridders in the area.

Your talking out tword Sandisfield right? im proble 30-40 minites away from there

• FoolishMortal

Posted November 16, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Ive got $9700 into it...:ride:

i kinda regret buying it new and setting up myself....seriouse money pit, ive spent everything ive made in the last 3 years on this thing:banghead:

If you want 1 definatly look at some used already set up bikes:thumbsup:

Yeah, but...

(a) you now have the experience
(:busted: you know the complete history of the bike
© you'll know what to look for in future project bikes
(d) it's truly "your" bike!

:thumbsup:

• adam574

Posted November 17, 2007 - 02:21 PM

didn't i sell you that bike? or did you guys go out and buy another one?

650r is definately the baddest bike for the street. i already miss it and will definately be getting another one during the winter.

• jmd4x4

Posted November 17, 2007 - 08:49 PM

I just finnished my xr a couple of weeks ago. since the pic was taken I have added pro bend hand gaurds and a vapor that I am installing this weekend. So far it has been a great bike, but it would be cheaper to buy one already set up. The hardest part for me was setting up the 5in rear rim w/ 160 pilot power. Any way here is the pic.Posted Image

see yall later

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 18, 2007 - 08:42 AM

didn't i sell you that bike? or did you guys go out and buy another one?

650r is definately the baddest bike for the street. i already miss it and will definately be getting another one during the winter.

I had this before we bought yours...i quess thats what made my dad want 1.

Your old bike is still in Dirt trim, only thing we have done is add a vapor computer to it...

anyway here's the latest, with my homemade venting...
Posted Image
Posted Image

• adam574

Posted November 18, 2007 - 12:42 PM

nice looking bike. i think i am in the market for another one during the winter for sure. i miss that bike alot. i had that damn thing runnig tip top. oh well i know all the baseline settings i would need to put on a new bike so it won't take long to get another one running nice. now i just gotta find another good deal. people in nh are always giving those bikes away already plated for some reason.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 18, 2007 - 01:02 PM

NH is a easy place to plate them, lots of good deals just not a lot of the 650R's around.

Ok i messed around with my carb today and turned the idle mixture screw out 1 turn from stock...it made a great diffornce in power but its still not 100%, im gona try going up in the pilot and then the main if that doesnt work well.

Next size up from a 68S is a 70S am i right?

• rm298z

Posted November 18, 2007 - 02:16 PM

yea maby a early spring ride, id would be cool go get together with a couple Tard ridders in the area.

Your talking out tword Sandisfield right? im proble 30-40 minites away from there

yeah, I'm from southwick. But spend most my time out in that area. Nice roads and little traffic.

I put about 3000 miles on the bike in the few months that I've had it. Everytime I take it out though I seem to get pulled over. I just bought a RX-8 so I've kind of forgot about the xr until a couple days ago.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.