07 650R street Tard Finished!

37 replies to this topic
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted October 19, 2007 - 02:03 PM

Finally finished my hooligan street bike, well almost finished, FMF full system, vented side panel, renthal bars, and carb to come:thumbsup:
Its way more fun to ride on blacktop with these wheels than knobbies, turning and dragging pegs is so much easier now.:crazy:

Anybody have renthal bars on there's? Id like to maby raise them a little.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• The Regulator

Posted October 19, 2007 - 02:06 PM

Very nice. :crazy:

• martinfan30

Posted October 19, 2007 - 02:13 PM

right on, tard!

• Billahjack

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:00 PM

Killer bike! That is a sweet beard for being only 16.

• Billahjack

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:04 PM

I forgot to mention that you can make your bike turn quicker if you lower your front forks about 1/4" in the triple clamp. Be careful not to overtighten those bolts. It only atakes about 12 ft-lbs when you tighten them.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:06 PM

Very nice looking and very good bike choice for a motard. id install a supermoto front fender, just my opinion.:crazy:

• Thumpmeister

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:51 PM

Sweet ride man... I especially like the front fender!

• zx7rye

Posted October 20, 2007 - 04:53 AM

Nice bike! I'm liking that more New Englanders are getting in on the XRR motard action. I'll get some snaps of my ride out here in a few...

• absynth01

Posted October 20, 2007 - 05:52 AM

Nice job!!!!!!:crazy:

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 20, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Are you old enough to ride that on the roads ?:crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted October 20, 2007 - 07:27 PM

Are you old enough to ride that on the roads ?:crazy:

I bought the bike 2 days before i got my motorcycle permit, took a motorcycle safety coarce and know im fully legal. Already put 3,000 miles on it in 3 1/2 months.

• Denn10

Posted October 20, 2007 - 09:04 PM

LOL looks wierd without a front fender nice wheel setup

• Rman of 237

Posted October 20, 2007 - 11:12 PM

:crazy: :D :applause: Good looking bike! "3000 miles in 3-1/2 months"? You're really gettin' around on that thing!:bonk:

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 21, 2007 - 12:13 AM

Wow, that is a lot of miles clocked up !!!! Once again, nice bike. Ride safe.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted October 21, 2007 - 04:51 PM

30 miles a day to school and back, plus terrorizing the town on weekends:busted:

I'd like to do a cheap full system exhuast, possible FMF right now im running the HRC exhuast tip which is a great system, very crisp, and only loud when you wanta make it loud, id like something around the same in noice, but give me more power? and anybody installed a catch can on the 650? Id like to do some track days with it.

• Maroast

Posted October 21, 2007 - 05:09 PM

I'd like to do a cheap full system exhuast, possible FMF

I cant speak of any of the other FMF systems, but I have the Ti4 and it is freakin loud. On the bike the noise is not too bad...but when other people ride my bike, I can hear it from blocks away and its pretty insulting. It sounds dicknasty wide open, but is anything but low profile. I also have a quiet core for it, but its more of a high-pitched "pinging" loudness. So I'd have to say stay away from flow-though race exhausts like the Ti4....just my opinion based on limited experience.

• Billahjack

Posted October 21, 2007 - 09:33 PM

FMF Q2 is a freaking plug in the pipe. Don't get that. You are better off with stock system drilled out. I'm running the Moriwaki with the spark arrestor and it is loud, but not too loud. Its quieter than the FMF powercore 4 and the Yoshimura with better top end. I put the HRC cam in my bike too though.

I gave my FMF powercore4 can to one of my friends who trashed his FMF Q2 can. He said it was night and day difference between the two pipes for power. In fact, he just got a big ticket for doing wheelies on the street.

Maybe there is a better solution than the Procircuit or FMF. The moriwakis are nearly impossible to find now.

• gaiiin

Posted October 22, 2007 - 04:33 AM

i have a fatbar on my bike... i really like it its gives me a better handling and it looks cool too :crazy: Dont mind the speedo on the pic, i've installed a digital one since i took the pic:busted:
Posted Image

• Juxxtin

Posted October 22, 2007 - 07:19 PM

• FoolishMortal

Posted October 22, 2007 - 07:39 PM

Very nice. :crazy:

Now throw on a fork brace and a front fender...

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.