Another 08 exhaust question

4 replies to this topic
  • freerideyz250

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:31 AM

I couldn't seem to find a clear answer on this. This is my first 4t and I love it so far. My question is, I have to have a spark arrestor that meets 96 db for the series I race in. That being said, I ordered the fmf Q muffler for the 06/07, supposed to be here today, and I am leaving in the morning to go racing. Now my question, am I going to run into an issue with fitment to the stock header? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

• Mutu

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:44 AM

Which FMF Q?
The Q4 should fit as FMF site says '06 - '08.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:54 AM

I know you've already ordered a Q, and the Q is probably less expensive, but as long as the subject of sparkys and noise is up, know that the Dr.D Stainless full system is available with a USFS spark arrestor (has to be ordered with it; you can remove it easily, but it won't fit a non-sparky pipe) AND a quiet insert. With the insert and a fresh packing job, DRD says it will pass at 94db. That gives you a quiet pipe and a race pipe and options all for the trouble of removing 3 screws.

• freerideyz250

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:56 AM

Yeah I just found that as well. Thanks for the reply. I assume thats the one I am getting. I just called my parts guy and told him to get me a sparky, then he asked me stainless or ti, so I assume its the q 4.

Thanks again.

• freerideyz250

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:01 AM

I know you've already ordered a Q, and the Q is probably less expensive, but as long as the subject of sparkys and noise is up, know that the Dr.D Stainless full system is available with a USFS spark arrestor (has to be ordered with it; you can remove it easily, but it won't fit a non-sparky pipe) AND a quiet insert. With the insert and a fresh packing job, DRD says it will pass at 94db. That gives you a quiet pipe and a race pipe and options all for the trouble of removing 3 screws.

I appreciate the reply gray. I have already ordered the fmf, and I more concerned with noise and sparky, as the performance of the bike is good for me at the moment. I suspect the fmf q should perform better than the stock can anyhow. I will always ride with the sparky, as I ride in alot of forest service areas, and they are starting to cite people for ignoring the laws. I would much rather follow some rules and do my part to keep riding areas open.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.