New bars, mounts, and grips installed

4 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I was looking for some more height and went with a Tag Metals kit I found on Ebay for $95. I got the Rick C bend, bolt on 1-1/8 bar mounts, bar pad, grips, and glue for the grips. Install was straight forward...

Here are the Tag (black) mounts beside the factory ones, you can see the extra height provided. They are also offset how the mount to the fork clamp so you can adjust your bar position forward, or back.

Posted Image

Factory mounts removed and installing the first of two mounts...

Posted Image

With all the new height I had to turn the throttle with the cables downward so they would reach, no problems with this setup.

Posted Image

All mounted up with my sweet $3 mirror lol, my bike is street titled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really like the extra height, much better while standing.

• geoffro

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:14 AM

looks cool! I take it you are a taller guy for the raised bar to be comfy?
What sprockets are you using for road?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markturbo

Posted October 19, 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'm 5'11" and found the stock bars to be just a little too low, kind of got the feeling I was going to fall forward off the bike while standing lol, but it really just comes down to preference.

Bike still has stock gearing. I don't do any highway driving, just secondary roads. I would change the gearing if I did more road riding but I don't do enough for the trade off of losing the lower gearing for off-road.

• GnarLy

Posted March 31, 2008 - 09:50 AM

i have a question. i have the exact same bar clamp but i just cant figure how align both to be exactly straight. i mean there's no marking or wad so ever. so im thinking the 2 bar clamp might be slanted a wee bit and i wouldnt know.
like both slanted to the left.. or both slanted to the right.

• dazzabb

Posted March 31, 2008 - 05:23 PM

That's a great price for that gear - it looks like new too.

I just lashed out almost $230 for the Tag XT-1 bars and mounts kits in Australia- so expensive because of the weak as piss US dollar.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.