Mounted an 07 light to my 06

21 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:59 AM

With just a little work I mounted an 07 headlight to my 06. It bolts on to the upper clamp no problem. But I had to make some tabs for the lower mount, I did this by drilling two holes in the factory mount, installed two screws secrued with nuts on the other side, then slide some vaccum line over them to make a nice smooth and tight fit. Here are some pics...

The stock lower mount drilled and screws added
Posted Image

The underside showing the screws I used to mount as flush as plate as I could get.
Posted Image

Vaccum line over screws
Posted Image

And this is why it had to be done...
Posted Image

Plate re-installed to bike
Posted Image

Headligh mounted on new mounts on bike
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 07 has a different plug then the 07, I simply cut the plug off and soldered up some blade style connectors to make the connection with the H4 plug I have on the 06.

I mainly did this simply because I like the look of the 07 light, I know I know, it's just a dirt bike lol. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:16 AM

:crazy: Cool

I agree the 07' headlight makes the 06' look way more modern.

Good Job, excellent photos and post:thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:03 AM

Very nice work. I took my light off a long time ago and eBayed it, but if I ever decide to go back, I'll use yours as an example :crazy:...SC

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:06 AM

That looks pretty f'ing sweet :crazy:

Now you can clean up that engine area by ripping off the AIS

• geoffro

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:20 AM

That thing looks SWEET with the new light!! that 06 is in EXCELLENT shape,do you ride it? Oh and its not JUST a dirtbike its a way of life,its a reason to get up in the morning and LIVE LIFE!!!!!!

• beniflas

Posted October 19, 2007 - 12:56 PM

Looking good! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to follow in your footsteps.

• SXP

Posted October 21, 2007 - 04:38 PM

Nice. I'm going to do that to my 99 400. How much did the headlight assembly cost? Thanks.

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 21, 2007 - 11:22 PM

Now just mount the rest of it all onto an aluminum frame and your set!

• Paollo

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:13 PM

With just a little work I mounted an 07 headlight to my 06. It bolts on to the upper clamp no problem. But I had to make some tabs for the lower mount, I did this by drilling two holes in the factory mount, installed two screws secrued with nuts on the other side, then slide some vaccum line over them to make a nice smooth and tight fit. Here are some pics...

The stock lower mount drilled and screws added
Posted Image

The underside showing the screws I used to mount as flush as plate as I could get.
Posted Image

Vaccum line over screws
Posted Image

And this is why it had to be done...
Posted Image

Plate re-installed to bike
Posted Image

Headligh mounted on new mounts on bike
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 07 has a different plug then the 07, I simply cut the plug off and soldered up some blade style connectors to make the connection with the H4 plug I have on the 06.

I mainly did this simply because I like the look of the 07 light, I know I know, it's just a dirt bike lol. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.

wow!:thumbsup: cool bro, noticed also your rear fender is that "07 too?

• markturbo

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:15 AM

Thanks

The rear fender is from an 05 YZF (last year with the steel frame before they went to aluminum), direct bolt on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSWR450F

Posted November 28, 2007 - 12:49 PM

O7 light on O6 WR:

Posted Image

Rosta WR

www.rsracing.cz

• Reedus

Posted December 02, 2007 - 10:26 AM

Price wise, I am at 150 bucks for the 07 light. That includes the light assembly and bulb, the plastic housing, white decal, and harware.

• gimple393

Posted January 13, 2008 - 04:14 PM

so I had some idiot on a honda smash into me on the trail at the end of last year. broke my 06 head light and buggered up the shroud. so one of my winter projects was to replace all this. so i see this thread and thought what the hell. took your ideas and this is how it turned out.
[IMG][IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2638/headlightvb9.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted January 13, 2008 - 08:13 PM

Wow, I didn't think it would make the wheel fall off :banghead:

• gimple393

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:05 AM

ya, the new head light made it so much faster the thing wont stay on :banghead:,

• MountainMax

Posted May 18, 2008 - 03:48 PM

Great info, I just ordered an 07 light for my 06 bike too, do you have a pic of the connector on the 07 light? and what kind of bulb does it take? And is it dual beam? I know it's lower wattage then mine but i need high/low for street legal. Also did you have to cut off the lower tab that the 06 shroud scrweed into? or did it stick out? just curious as it would be easy to switch back in case of a broken light or something temporarily?

• stev0

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:54 AM

Looking good! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to follow in your footsteps.

Im gonna do the same.. that looks so much better then my YAMAHA DT style headlight

• MountainMax

Posted September 15, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Here is a pic of mine, 08 headlight on my 06 and a yz rear fender

Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted September 15, 2008 - 08:46 AM

Here is a pic of mine, 08 headlight on my 06 and a yz rear fender

Posted Image

nice truck. :excuseme:

• MountainMax

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks, it's a 2002 2500 series(3/4 ton) Avalanche with a 496 big block :excuseme: it's great for towing my yammies around with.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.