has anyone tried the twobrother pipe on the 08 450

6 replies to this topic
  • 917 rider

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:23 PM

im trying to decide witch pipe to buy for my o8 450

• todds924

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:40 PM

im trying to decide witch pipe to buy for my o8 450

I've got friends that work at Two Brothers and could get any item they make for dirt cheap. I'm not runnung one of there pipes on my 08.I'm not crazy about there stuff. I know others that have there pipes on Yz 250 f and CRF 450 and they seem to like them. For the money and performance and durability, you can't beat a DR D system. I have one on my 06 and its great. I would get the stainless/ aluminum combo for durability. White Brothers is supposed to have a new pipe for the 08 but I don't think its been released yet. I am running a pro circuit Ti-4 on my 08 and i love it, but only because i got a "deal" on it. Whatever pipe you choose will be better than stock.

• 917 rider

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:59 PM

thanks i was leaning towards the drd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted October 18, 2007 - 07:34 PM

thanks i was leaning towards the drd

You will not be disappointed

• Racer808

Posted October 18, 2007 - 07:43 PM

I am a huge fan Dr D, however I am a huge fan of Yoshimura as well now!!! The RS-2 aluminum / stainless system did wonders to my 08. My Dr D put a ton of low end on my 426. The yosh is a huge performance to the 08's bottom end power and I love it, but I really love the mid and top. You can over rev a lot more and ride longer in gears with incredible power and pull. I would say you cannot go wrong with a dr d, or a yosh. Or you can wait what could be now, next week, or another month for the white bros 08 specific pipe. yosh, Dr D said they were very happy with their 06/07 product on the 08 and were not developing one, but white bros developed a whole new system.

• rickallen124

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:08 AM

You can get the new White Brothers pipe in the aluminum pro or carbon pro configuration.The only configuration not available is the ti/ti pro which they say will be out around christmas. The new system, whether ti/ti, ss/aluminum or ti/carbon is a few inches shorter than the previous system. The Dr.D and Yoshimura pipes are excellent. I run a yosh RS-2 Ti Pro on my YZ250f and love it. It does seem to rev out further than the dr.d that I had on my 03 although that may have more to due with the bike.

• grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2007 - 10:19 AM

(the Yoshimura RS2) does seem to rev out further than the dr.d that I had on my 03 although that may have more to due with the bike.

It does. Whereas my '03 with an FMF ti4 falls off pretty hard at around 10,500, my '06's with the DRD system run right off the high end non-stop. I never hit the limiter with the '03, but I bump it on the '06 now and then if I get distracted.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.