2004 wr450 modifications

4 replies to this topic
  • bigmig3

Posted October 18, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Looking for threads about performance mods for a 2004 WR450. Specifically for riding enduros. THANKS!

• tmckeown

Posted October 19, 2007 - 11:45 PM

1st) Jetting,
2nd) Twinair gage and airfilter
3rd) Change exhaust
4th) head porting
5th) Adjustable ignition (vortex)
6th) Big bore (Athena etc.)

I just put these in the order I would do them. Jetting and exhaust will make biggest and cheapest difference. To do the jetting right you need to dyno your bike.

I have done from 1 to 4 so far and dynoed my bike after every mod. Vortex ignition is coming so that is next.

Timo McKeown

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted October 20, 2007 - 11:49 AM

First and foremost, get the suspension set up professionally for your weight and abilities.

Second is muffler change and jetting. Power wise, this is all you really need to do. There is much more you can do, but not really needed.

I have a vortex ignition on my bike, they are great for dialing in your power to suit the terrain.

• bigmig3

Posted October 20, 2007 - 10:59 PM

Thanks! I just ordered a slip on today. Looks like some a group of friends and I are all getting together for a jetting party! There is a great post for beginner jetting with pictures and step by step instructions. Yippie!

• bigmig3

Posted October 20, 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the tip. I found a DVD on setting up suspension in the TT store but I should try and find a shop in the Bay Area that just does suspension.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.