Battery eliminator?

3 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted October 18, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Who has used a "battery eliminator" in their dual-sport conversion? Also, will it power the horn adequately, and where did you get yours?

• creeky

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:20 PM

If you use a battery eliminator, the horn will not get enough juice to operate properly(unless maybe you have a high output alternator), it will blow, but will sound like a strangling frog. Install a regulator/rectifier and a 750-1000mah nimh 12V battery pack and then the horn, turn signals and brake light will all work well even at the same time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • exaresix

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:33 PM

That's the setup I have now, but my tiny 800 miliamp battery doesn't seem to hold a charge when sitting for a week. It charges well with the regulator/rectifier setup though. I've heard others complain about this phenomenon, and thought the 'eliminator' might be the answer. But if it won't run the horn off the 90 watt stock stator then I guess I'll just stay with the battery.

• creeky

Posted October 19, 2007 - 04:45 AM

I've been buying my batteries from www.batteryspace.com, look under robot batteries, they hold up very well. My XR250 sat for 2 months, battery was still up.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.