Anyone who bought a new YZ450F, I need your help!

8 replies to this topic
  • MR2turbo4evr

Posted October 18, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hi guys,

I found a good deal on a new (never been sold) 05 YZ450F. I live in Canada but the bike is in the US, about 250mi from where I live. I've been looking at the import process, etc. and one of the things I need to get the bike across the border as a competition vehicle, is a sticker stating that the bike is a competition vehicle and is not intended for road use. The sticker has to be in english and french....

My friends told me that Yamaha dirt bikes come with a sticker like that from the factory. My question is, do YZ450F made for the US market come with a french sticker as well?

If not, would anyone of you guys please be so kind to take a picture of the english sticker so I can fabricate a sticker in french and make it look the same... (font, color, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

PS: If there is anybody here who imported a dirt bike into Canada, please post your experience.

• mmbasa

Posted October 18, 2007 - 04:11 PM

We don't speak French down here, so there is no need to have anything like that.

• MR2turbo4evr

Posted October 18, 2007 - 04:31 PM

shoot I was hoping that they woulnd't differentiate between the US and Canadian market and would put both stickers on, just in case....

Oh well....can anybody please post a picture of the english sticker?

• cnorton

Posted October 18, 2007 - 04:36 PM

cant you buy that sticker from your local Canadian dealer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rexbond007

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:25 PM

i peel off my french stickers and threw them out, go to your local deal and plead your case to the mechanics.

• todds924

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:33 PM

You can order the US stickers from any US dealer

• MR2turbo4evr

Posted October 18, 2007 - 08:23 PM

Yeah I thought about checking with my local dealer to see if they can order the stickers in for me. They will probably tell me that they can't get them in though because they want me to buy a bike from them......

• todds924

Posted October 19, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yeah I thought about checking with my local dealer to see if they can order the stickers in for me. They will probably tell me that they can't get them in though because they want me to buy a bike from them......

Why wouldn't they order them? The stickers have a part number just like every other Yamaha part.

• Mike546

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:45 PM

Why would you buy a new 05? It will have absolutely no resale value if your not happy with it. Unless your getting it for $3000 because after one ride that is what it will be worth.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.