Cycra Probends Question...

4 replies to this topic
  • SouthernXer

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:18 AM

I got a set of these today and am wondering how to connect them to the bar ends... They came without instructions. Do I need to drill the ends out to accommodate the insert and screw?

Thanks!

• matt4x4

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:48 AM

What kind of bars do you have?
They seemed to work fine in my Rethal bars without any problems.

http://www.cycraraci...echsupport.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:30 AM

The bars themselves most likely will accomodate the inserts without a problem. However, the throttle tube may have to drilled, but BE CAREFUL. When I did mine a few years ago, the end shattered and I had to go get a new tube. Big PITA...SC

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:48 AM

The bars themselves most likely will accomodate the inserts without a problem. However, the throttle tube may have to drilled, but BE CAREFUL. When I did mine a few years ago, the end shattered and I had to go get a new tube. Big PITA...SC

I use a hack saw and cut like a 1/16" off the end of the throttle tube. Clean up the edges and it will work great!

Clark is correct I have first hand experience in splintering a throttle tube all to hell, 04' right out of the crate hadn't even ridden yet:bonk:

• SouthernXer

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thanks guys.... I used a 1/2" bit and just drilled out the throttle tube end and everything fit and tightened up like a charm.

Now, to go test them. :crazy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.