chain guides

5 replies to this topic
  • skippy

Posted March 22, 2002 - 06:54 PM

does anybody know of some desent aftermarket chain guides

• MOmilkman

Posted April 14, 2002 - 05:39 PM

Im kind of looking around myself Skippy.

So far Scotts Performance looks to have a nice one for $48.95. Fredette Racing looks good too.

Let me know if you see a good deal somewhere.

• desertfoxx

Posted April 14, 2002 - 06:25 PM

Moose sell's one, I just got it for about 30$. I'll post with installation fit rating.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 15, 2002 - 05:24 AM

Thanks DesertFoxx.

At first, I was actually just planning on buying the replacement block for the stock guide but it is $32 alone! :)

I might as well just buy a whole new aftermarket guide eh?

Thanks, and let me know how you like the Moose. I think it may be the same thing as the Fredette if I am not mistaken.

• SFO

Posted April 15, 2002 - 09:25 PM

I run the plastic Ty davis guide.http://www.ziptyraci...ducts/index.htm

• desertfoxx

Posted April 15, 2002 - 01:31 PM

MOmilkman, Yes the guide is made by Fredette. Just marketed by Moose. The finish is first class, the rub blocks are a solid teflon. Fit is right on. I paid 36$ for the whole unit. All in all a good deal compaired to the 32$ stock rub block. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.