Fork Bleeder Valves

15 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted October 18, 2007 - 08:34 AM

Has anybody ever tried moose fork bleeders or motion pro ones? Just curious as to if anyone was happy with them because I have a pair that i might install. Thanks

• maddogyz250f

Posted October 18, 2007 - 09:40 AM

I have had problems with leaking when using the Motion Pro. I took them off to add subtanks so this is not an issue for me now.

• GOTWHEELS

Posted October 18, 2007 - 09:44 AM

My son put A set on his bike, worked great for bleeding untill dirt got in there and started to leak, but that was taken care of in A crash and broke one off. We scrambled around between motos to find A way to plug it.

• TD-3

Posted October 18, 2007 - 09:57 AM

+3 on the leaking issues

• 426 NOOB

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:03 AM

how will you know if they begin to leak?

• Ronin 26

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:33 AM

I've used the MP stuff with no problems. If you install them as directed with pst on the threads they won't leak.

There is nicer "lower" ones that work a little better.

I love them, the fork pressure actually gets released often enough. you should be releasing the pressure after removing from the truck, and after every session, with out the bleeders this rarely happens.

Remember to have the front wheel off the ground when bleeding.

• slowxr

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:38 AM

I have the MotionPro's on my XR. Mine squirt oil when releasing the air pressure. It's kind of sloppy and a disappointing design.

• maddogyz250f

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:52 AM

I had leaking problems around the valve itself and not the threads.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:57 AM

I've used the MP stuff with no problems. If you install them as directed with pst on the threads they won't leak.

There is nicer "lower" ones that work a little better.

I love them, the fork pressure actually gets released often enough. you should be releasing the pressure after removing from the truck, and after every session, with out the bleeders this rarely happens.

Remember to have the front wheel off the ground when bleeding.

This will sound stupid but is psc like silicone or something?

• grayracer513

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:42 AM

This will sound stupid but is psc like silicone or something?

No. It's pipe sealing compound. The most common thread sealers are a Teflon paste or tape. Blue Loc-Tite is also an excellent thread sealant. Silicon RTV sealers are nearly useless for at least 50% of what they get used for.

• 426 NOOB

Posted October 18, 2007 - 12:17 PM

so if the bleeders did start to leak, how would the forks start to behave, just so I know.

• MxHuggy

Posted October 19, 2007 - 05:45 AM

I have the Moose ones and they work fine..no leaking. Certainly seems to help the life of my fork seals.

• grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:09 AM

so if the bleeders did start to leak, how would the forks start to behave, just so I know.

The tops of your forks will get oily.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 20, 2007 - 04:11 PM

I have a set I bought off Ebay made by Anderson Automatics racing- nice low profile with a blue anodized button (can get other colors as well). I'm happy with them so far. I have one that leaks a bit, but if it continues to do so they said they'd replace it free of charge.

• Justin89

Posted October 20, 2007 - 06:53 PM

I have a set of motion pro ones and they work great..no problems or leaks. I have also had the moose ones and they seemed to work fine also.

• Dp2boy

Posted October 21, 2007 - 07:01 PM

I second the vote for the Anderson Automatics, they are very low profile and I haven't had any leaks so far.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.