yamaha touch up paint

5 replies to this topic
  • 01_426f

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:27 PM

does yamaha make touch up paint for its frames'? its an 01 426 and where the boots hit the frame it is completely worn off. i wanted to repaint it and get some guards. thanks

p.s. do you recomend guards for motocross type riding? if not, ill just live with the rubbed off paint

• Yz4-me

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:38 PM

I dont know if Yamaha makes the paint but there is specific yamaha blue paint you should be able to find at a yamaha dealer..some carry it, some dont. frame guards are perfectly fine and common for motocross.

• swaldrop

Posted October 17, 2007 - 08:40 PM

The blue paint is available at most dealers and if they don't have it, they can get it.

Here's the trick though... Get yourself some Stomp Grip. Once you have it repainted, let it dry for an hour or so and then throw down some Stomp pad grip strips down the frame rails. I did it to one of my old steel frames after I painted it one time and it seemed to last forever. Something about the freshly cured paint made the stuff stick for quite a while. When I sold the bike I pulled the Stomp pad off and they were still like brand new.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bbrown1966

Posted October 17, 2007 - 08:48 PM

PJ1 makes the paint. Get the white primer, yamaha blue, and clear lacquer. I just repainted my '04 and the color is a perfect match. I bought a can of each from Rocky Mountain. Maybe TT sells it too.

Brent

• pba123

Posted October 18, 2007 - 03:35 PM

I just ordered some for my 2004 yz250f frame.

www.colorrite.com

• yamaha racing 230

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:36 PM

i have also used this paint looked great until gas got on it then back till the old color

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.